Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[melb] Werribee-Geelong comute.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by 10000_fists, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Hi i live in Werribee and just started a job in a Geelong refinery and use my bike to comute daily. Just wondering If there are any police/speed camera hot spots to look out for along the freeway?
    Don't get me wrong i don't intend on flying through over the speed limit but its very easy to creep up 5-10 km/h with out noticing.
    Approx times are 6.30-7am to geelong and 5-6pm to werribee.

I know where the fixed camers are and they are forward facing anyways. I'm not asking anyone to help me evade the police whilst deliberatly speeding jus wondering if there is any particular spots to really watch the speedo.

Thanks in advance.
  2. I'm in Hoppers, you know about the 5 odd cameras on the way and usually the coppers somewhere especially in the mornings. The times are pretty similar to a mates and he reckons he sees a few so I wouldnt be speeding mate
  3. The mobile cameras are usually pretty obvious and easy to spot.

A copper with a radar will usually not worry about anyone doing les than 10km/h over the limit.
  4. Cheers guys. Defiantly not intending to speed but it's quiet easy to creep up on long straight roads with out fixating on the speedo. There are plenty of dips, rises and bushes for them to hid in so i wouldn't be surprised if there were a few spots they regularly target.