Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] Someone to help inspect a used bike?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by grue, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Hey all, I couldn't find "quite" the right forum for this question, so if I'm in the wrong feel free to berate me and generally take a shot…

…In any case, I'm looking to pick up a bike in the next 2-3 weeks, and have a prospect I'm rather interested in. The problem lies in the fact that while I'm a fast learner in general, I don't know enough about bikes mechanically speaking to really do a pre-sale inspection to make sure I'm not missing something. I went and had a quick look, and everything seemed to work (I didn't have time for a test ride, so it was more a quick "verify the bike exists" trip than anything), with the only issue being a few small scratches from the bike apparently taking a short nap from a stop on its right side, and it was a little reluctant to start because it (allegedly) hadn't been run for 3 weeks, but a quick "wiggle" to slosh the fuel around seemed to fix that.

Thus, anyone have any suggestions on where to find someone who might be willing to help out on such things? I'm happy to buy food, beer, or just out and pay for the help. :grin:

2. where in melbourne?
    what bike?

more details = more help :wink:
  3. Whoops, those ARE rather cogent details aren't they?

Bike and myself are located in the SE Suburbs, St Kilda. It's a '98 CBR600F3.
  4. Ack, wrong thread, disregard.
  5. Hm, that's interesting…