Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] RWC and/or Mechanic near Hawthorn/Camberwell?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by d e d, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Hi all,
    Might be buying an out-of-rego 250 as my first road bike, which looks to be in very good nic'.
    I know it will need tires and chain and all fluids changed as it's been sitting for a while (1 year +),
    so after any recommended mechanics and/or RWC testers in the general Hawthorn/Camberwell area in Melbourne?
    I'm happy to travel further it need be, but ideally want a place people have frequented so I know they're trustworthy (have been burned in the past).

Many thanks in advance!
  2. Mick Hone in Box Hill is good.
  3. Many thanks twistngo, I will look into Mick Hone...I presume they have a good rep with people on here?
    Have you been to them by chance out of curiosity?
  4. They are good. They just serviced a scooter we'd had sitting in the shed for a few years and did a roadworthy on it and they've serviced a few of our bikes in the past. Can be hard to book in and sometimes you need to wait a few weeks.
  5. High street Ashburton we have a Netrider who does motorcycle roadworthies. Right opposite Welfare parade. It's a Car repair service but he does do motorcycle roadworthies and has conducted spanner days in the past..
  6. Will keep them in mind, thanks guys :)