Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] Recommendations for Pergola mobs wanted

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by robsalvv, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Folks,

I'm looking to add an aluminium constructed (stratco type) pergola to my place. So I'm keen to get some recommendations from folks who have done the same and had a great/positive/value etc experience with a mob. I'm also interested in some feedback on how the quoting process went - I have some WOM about a couple of mobs who always seem to quote high for example.

Anyway, I have an area 3 x 13m to cover. And I have a bunch of numbers from the recent homeshow and local paper... but would be keen to get direct feedback.

Looking forward to your advice.

Thanks in advance!

2. PM sent Rob.
  3. Still on the hunt for recommendations.

So far NO ONE seems to be interested in giving me a quote to help me part with my cash... :? It's a funny old world in the pergola business... :? :? :?
  4. Does it have to be aluminium?
    Got ours done 12 mths back, and Alu was considerably dearer than wood. I also found problems getting Alu/Stratco quotes ... visiting your local Stratco store in Deer Park is apparently the best and easiest way.
  5. Mouth, my preference is for Aluminium/prefabbed metal/pre coated etc from an ongoing low-maintenance point of view.
  6. what area are you from Rob, i work in a well know timber place in eastern suburbs we have quite a few people come through buying timber and stuff.i could ask if they would go over your way.
    one lives in springvale and the other is in rowville
    pm me
  7. Tigger, I'm in Altona Meadows.

If I can't get any satisfaction in the next week, we'll be talking. :)
  8. A couple of folks at work gave me some recommendations, which I followed up. Spanline and All weather shelters happily took my call and booked times right away to arrange a quote.

I still haven't heard from the local Stratco rep...

Tigger, at this stage, I'm not looking for a wooden patio/pergola set up, but I'll keep your suggestion in mind.

Cheers :)
  9. I have a hammer, do i qualify .. :LOL:
  10. STOP! Hammer time!

.... :-k ... er, I think the answer is No... :LOL: