Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb/Qld/Melb] Melb to Gold Coast return dep 26 or 27/12

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by teddee, Nov 24, 2005.

1. I'm off to visit friends on the Gold Coast leaving Boxing Day (or maybe the day after). I'm planning to take the coast route and allowing 4-5 days travel, camping along the way. Be spending about a week there, then coming back the same way.

If anybody wants to join me, or just share a leg of the journey, give me a hoi! I'm sure the company will be welcome :D

Linda

2.  Top
  3. I'll be heading to Wollongong in preperations for New Years (in Sydney) but planning on leaving Melb on the 27th or 28th, depending on route taken...

Might be interested in hooking up for that leg of the trip :)

David

4. don't do the coast route, and don't do the newell hwy, pick the highway in between - lots of twisties, heaps of fun (new england hwy from memory) or else you'll just be bored (i did melb from gc a couple of months ago)

have fun!

5. If you're still in Qld on the weekend of 6/7 January we can do a lap of the block (The Gap - Samford - Mt Mee - Kilcoy - Somerset Dam - Mt Glorious - Mt Nebo - The Gap) if you like...

and the Gold Coast hinterland too...

PM me if you're keen.

A standing offer for any netriders headin this way...

6. Dam if this had of been mid Jan..l would of taken the bike up as well...bugger!

7. Thanks Mouth, but this is an experienced ride and am still a long way from that. Even if it were for less experieced and right or wrong, I think I would prefer to get as many k's out the way taking a more direct route while I am still fresh

8. When do u plan to be in Woolongong? I'm not set on my route, more that I'm planning on 4-5 days travel giving myself a bit of time for alternate routes and distractions.

I can leave the 27th, but I do want to be at my mates by NYE

PM me if you are still interested

Linda

9. Thanks for the feedback Dan..I thought the New England would be good, mind its over 20 years since I was last up that way. Do you have any recommendations on the first half out of Melbourne?

10. Thanks very much for the offer...my itinerary isn't set in concrete yet, but I think I may already be heading home by the weekend. If not, then I'll be in touch.

Linda