Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] Polit Road 2 (200.00) & BT-016 (free)

Discussion in 'Archived' started by stewy, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok,

Got a Pilot Road 2 (needed a replacement on a recent tour and this was all they had at the time) Anyway got home and replaced tyre with my general rosso (i like them more), it has done about 1200km, has about 5mm tread depth in the centre and about 3 or so on the edge, still plenty of tread on both center and edge. This is a 180/55/17

Photo to come tomorrow night

Looking for 200.00 for this tyre, price when new anywhere between 270-290

Also have a BT-016 front tyre 120/70/17 which is going for FREE, basically this tyre is down to the tread depth indicator on one side and slightly past it on the other side, (still offered plenty of grip on my last ride before i replaced it (didn't want to get caught out on the next tour), but the centre of the tyre is near new, so hate to throw this tyre away.

Would suit someone who just commutes and barely uses the extreme sides of the tyres, like i said centre has about 4mm tread depth, so it would be a shame to throw it out.

Cheers stewy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.