Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] Plastic Welder - any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Loz, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Hey all -

Chengaleng has been going quetly about the process of "modifying" her Across again, including the removal of mirrors and indicators from the LHS and the addition of a couple of pretty small but annoying fairing cracks (not to mention an associated modification to a trellis fence outside our local Bunnings). :shock: :(

She's evaluated the fairing crack mods and decided she'd prefer to go back to what she had previously. She has also given me a guarantee her fairing modification days are over.

So I was wondering if anyone could recommend a plastic welding service not too far from town (I'll travel if I gotta but closer is better) that might be able to sort the cracks out for me?

Cheers in advance
  2. The search didnt produce any results?

Original Finish in Kilsyth is one.
  3. You could try MPR (Motorcycle plastic repairs)

M.P.R. Motorcycle Plastic Repairs

Fourth Ave Sunshine 3020
    (03) 9312 4205
    (03) 9311 4422

They did some work for me, had a hole the size of a fist punched in fairing, and the result was fantastic, you couldn't tell it had been welded.
    Also given that you live over that side of town, they would be well worth a try.
  4. Why not give it a go yourself. It is seriously easy. I have done many a plastic welding myslef. All you need is a soldering iron some compatable plastic and and angle grinder (to smooth out your handy work) and a bit of practice.

Its not rocket science!
  5. plastic welding???
    buy some Plastex for ya dealer
    and glue it together
  6. LOL I'll do it...

I have the plastic, the tools (welding gun MarkII "the spray can" and welding gun MarkII "the pro custom 3000")

And I need to practice...
  7. How much did they charge to repair a fairing? I got a quote from another shop for ~$250 per fairing, so just trying to compare prices
  8. try con @ motoart in airport west or troy @ motorcycle crash repairs in tullamarine

mpr in sunshine are also very good, but a little pricier
  9. Zoomtuning in Doncaster will do it.

Call 0434092410 within business hours to organise a quote.
  10. Troy is a ledge, very passionate about bikes, and pulled out all stops to look after me.
  11. Melb motorcycle fairings in Newport is another option. Fwiw the diference between getting someone at home to do the welding and getting it professionally done is MASSIVE.
  12. Yep, Troy aka YLWGTR at his place in Tulla, or Rod at "Melbourne fairing repairs" in Newport.