Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] New fixed camera on the Ring Road

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by pvda, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Driving home from Winton at 11:00pm last night, long story but people insist on protesting race results when they finish outside the top 10 :evil:, and noticed they've put up a new camera position on the Western Ring Road.

They were attaching camera boxes under the Calder freeway overpass heading towards Altona (south). This is not an original position for the previous discredited camera system and is tucked away under the overpass and will be hard to see.

They are also slowly replacing the original cameras ready for a possible switch on later this month or early next year.

I also noticed they've put the Safety Camera in Area warning signs up on the Hume so I don't think those time/distance cameras are far off being switched on as well.

2. yea..

:evil: i just found this info out the hard way. and double demerit points! merry xmas!!.. dont speed the ring road. stupid thing to do.. i should have known better.. im like why are these people slowing down.. so i do what comes naturally.. avoid the problem and overtake.. grrr
  3. Re: yea..

No such thing in Victoria
  4. Re: yea..

double demerit points is not a Victorian law.
  5. ahh, thanks for that. I'll update my bike GPS, best $399 I've evern spent :)