Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] Need a hand adjusting CBR250R chain

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by Freeform, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Hey, back on two wheels again.
    I've just picked up a low km cbr250r. Problem is the chain is too tight and I don't have the tools to undo the axle nut/adjustment and lock nuts.

Axle nut is 24mm, adjustment and lock nuts 15mm and 12mm.

If anyone has these tools and a bit of adjustment/alignment (rear may not be straight) knowhow and wouldn't mind giving me a hand tomorrow or Monday please send me a message, ill compensate the 15 mins it takes with delicious beer, happy to travel to you.

2. Given how often these things have to be done and how relatively cheap the tools are, you should just go out and buy the tools yourself. I'm sure someone could help you the first time from here maybe but youtube is just as good imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I knew that would be the first reply ha, I agree completely however shops are closed over the long weekend and I want to take it for a spin before the work week starts

4. Where abouts in melb are you?

Or if you want you can ride out to sunbury and I will help you out

5. Just checked again, the chain has very little freeplay so I'd be concerned riding it to Sunbury, might still do though, I'll send you a PM mate.

6. I like beer I have tools pm me we can work some thing out

7. is supercheap or repco open tomorrow? they'll have the tools.

8. Yeah ill check it out.
    Just checked again, measurements from the swing arm pivot to the axle nut seem about the same, the wheel alignment markers are about 1/4 to 1/2 a line off.
    Chain has from 5-10 mm max movement upwards, it seems pretty tight.

Thanks greg ill send you a message

9. ^
    Can help if you're near Wheelers Hill/Glen Waverley.
    JH

10. Sorted, thanks Fridgy