Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] Memorial Service for Jeanette 'Cat' Porter

Discussion in 'VIC' started by glipschitz, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Hi all,

I have been informed that there will be a memorial service held for Cat by the 2nd Springvale Scout Group, where Cat was a Venturer Leader.

2nd Springvale Scout Group
    Rear 587 Springvale Road, Springvale South
    Tuesday 7th February, 8pm Start followed by Supper.

Any photos that people have of Cat, also ones from the funeral would be greatly appreciated. Please email them to dandjmorgan@optusnet.com.au.

on behalf of 2nd Springvale Scout Group.
  2. See you there Greg.

Anyone leaving from the West want to meet up and ride in together?
  3. Thanx for that Greg.

Will be good for those who cant make it to Tassie.
  4. Tassie was Tuesday just gone.

Unless of course you wanted to say "...who couldn't make it to Tassie"
  5. Yes, See you there guys.

Will be good to see those who couldn't make it to Tassie.

All the best.

6. I have logged it off in the diary , unless an unforseen emergany comes up I will be there .

maybe meeting at southbank and riding in as a group is an option?
  7. Are people who have the vaugest recollection of meeting her about once (mainly remembering the nick) welcome? And is it appropriote?

Really not to sure I should go.

8. percrime, my partner and i attended jeanette's funeral in tas, we didnt "know" jeanette but felt it needed to be done as a mark of respect for as it was obvious a remarkable woman who we felt we shared a passion for riding with. Attending a funeral/ceremony of someone who may have only touched ur life briefly only shows how much of an impact they made on the world.
  9. :oops: :oops: oh i seem to be logged on as vani :oops: :oops:

my bad, ah well im sure he would say the same :LOL:
  10. Yeah. Sadly me kathy and stealth Kat were in Tas the week before.
    OK if I can make it I will :) Leathers had better be ok tho :)

See what I can sort out with work
  11. I'm intending to ride to the memorial service, Jodz will probably be there also.

Jacob is 14 and has been in scouts for a while... it has been my experience that when the scouts say 'supper' afterwards it's normally plates brought along by the people attending.

I know they haven't asked, but it probably wouldn't hurt to throw a packet of biscuits or similar into the bike bag if you get the chance.
  12. I never met her, but I'll still be there.
  13. At the funeral in Tassie people on bikes at the funeral wore bike gear and we were welcomed by the family. Many of the bike riders who flew down also wore bike T-Shirts. Leathers will be just fine Percrime.

Bikes were a big part of Cat's life :)
  14. Noted in the diary.
  15. If you want a pit stop on the way through, you can come past here.

I'll be going along, it seems Glen wants to meet at Southwank first. Might be an idea.
  16. I think I met her once, but still, a fallen rider is always worth honouring. Work has me under thumbscrews and shackles prepping NZ for an upgrade, but if I can escape, I'll be there.
  17. Not sure I can make it now... something has come up, having attended the funeral in Tasmania I might have to be content with that :cry:

Will let you know.
  18. Fear not, I am in the same boat as you. I am unable to attend as well.
  19. I will be going , those who wish to that are coming from the west or the northern suburbs PM me and i will arrange a meet point to ride in with you .