Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Melb: Know your way around a bike?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by missmakeupgrrl, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Well do I have an offer for you!

Ok, not really. We (my partner and I) are complete motorbike noobs - but we'd like to buy our first bike. We need someone who knows their way around a bike a can advise us on it mechanically, and who might be able to spot a lemon. Clearly we're not looking for a written report, but a little help that will stop us buying something potentially dodgy.

We currently have our eye on a bike in the city, and would love if someone could check it out.

Whats in it for you? We'd be more than happy to take you out for a few rounds and a feed OR if you need IT help - we're both geeks.

If you're interested, let me know somehow. :)

BTW, the bike is a Honda. Himself is keen on a VTR, I myself would like a Ninja or GPX - but am willing to compromise!!

2. will you be insprecting the bike personally yourselves, as well?
    if its a VTR, i can give you a whole heap of stuff to look for, than anyone can do :)

3. For sure we will. I've already had a look over it, and it looked pristine to my untrained eye.

Any help appreciated, Nibor.

4. Is it private sale or from a dealer?

5.  Top
  6. Both awesome bikes and very forgiving for learners. (GPX gets more K's though, bigger tank)

If you're buying from a dealer you will be getting a RWC, and some kind of warranty? (prob not if its used)

Most of the time the bikes are in good condition, look at anything that would touch the ground in a drop, bar ends, foot pegs, sides of the forks, etc,

But really with 2 choices like that you can hardly go wrong (unless previous owners starved them of oil)

7.  Top
  8. Thankyou everyone for your replies. We're working our way through the VTR thread - and one very lovely netrider has offered to check it out for us.

Fingers crossed. I'll keep you all posted, and if we get it - I know I have to post pics ;)