Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] Harm to Calm Charity Rally.

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by Seany, Nov 17, 2005.

1. This is a worthwhile cause folks. I have in my time dealt with more than enough teenagers who hurt themselves through a variety of psychological disorders and stress related reasons. Any group genuinely trying to help these kids deserves our support.

Paraphrased from the Heidelburg Leader.

Peter Brock is organising a raly for cars and motorcycles to raise money for the Harm to Calm support program that provides help for teenagers who self-harm as a result of depression, stress, bullying, family issues among other causes. The program is funded by Banyule-Nillumbik Primary Care Alliance but has ended this year despite an increase in referals.

The Peter Brock Foundation has donated $10,000, Accessoride in Mill Park and Bridges Restraunt are also supporting the rally.

When: Sunday, November 27.

Where: 2 1/2 hr ride around Kinglake and Yarra ranges. Lunch will be at Bridges Restraunt with guest speakers Peter Brock, & Everest CLimber Det-Sen Constable Nicholas Farr.

Cost: $25 per vehical, includeing showbag and raffle entry. Or, $80 with three course buffet lunch and entertainment.

For Details call Trevor at Accessoride on 03 9436 4499 or Nillumbik Community Health Service on 03 9431 1333.

2. I would love to be involved in this, but unfortunatly will not be here. This is definetly a worthy cause, and I cant stress enough how much I would like to hear that lots of netriders attended.

3. I'm in for the ride if not the lunch. Come on guys, let's get behind this.

Justin.

4. Can you donate to this even if you can't (obviously) get to the ride?

5. Hornet, if you call Nillumbik Community Health Service on 03 9431 1333 they'll more than likely be able to organise something for you. :D

6. cool, thanks for the phone number....

7. No worries Horny. Took some finding though. Ended up having to copy it from the first post. :p :LOL:

8. I would definetly donate to this if I had a proper job!! :(

9. *edit* I'm an idiot :roll: :LOL:

10. this thread is from last year :)
    I was posting that I hoped someone would arrange one again this year.

11. *oops* :oops:

Hopefully someone will :)

12. I agree very worthy and I hope to be there. Count me in!

Too confusing for me I should read all of the post before I reply... so this is old news hey. I thought it sound familar I remember last years event.

Well if it does happen again sometime I will be there.

:LOL: