Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] Gippsland ride Sun Oct 2

Discussion in 'VIC' started by FormerUser1, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Too late to stick it onto the events page....
    Meet Stamford Hotel (corner Stud and Wellington Rd. Melways 81H3), leave 9.30 sharp, full tanks (servos closeby), usual corner marking (if group is big enough for it), tail-ender etc. Brings wets (against cold, we're into the hills).
    Class 4/5 ride , check here:

Emerald/ backroads to WooriYallock/ Backroads to Yarra Junction/ Noojee/Willow Grove/Trafalgar/ Mirboo/ more backroads/ Poowong/LangLang.
    Split in LangLang or thereabouts.
    About 300odd km. Don't expect to get home before 5-ish.... or later.

2. Sundays ride

I'll be there :)
  3. See how I go, will try to meet you at Willow Grove.

If you see a red Beemer at the side of the road, it'll be me.

Will stay with yas till Poowong or so.

Have issues here at home. Will try to get there.
  4. I'm headed north to Broadford but I do have to come on one of your rides.
  5. I love your classification system for rides. More clear about the road types and skill level, then choose the rides which suitable or feel comfortable with.
  6. Guesstimating Willow Grove approx. 11.30-ish.
    meet at the Shop/ Main St.
    See ya there
  7. That was the whole idea, still trying to talk Jason into making this part of the NetRider site :wink:
  8. B@gger, spotted this way too late :oops: Sounds like an interesting run glitch. Have fun :D
  9. Maaate..... :LOL: :LOL: you would've unbalanced the ride. :LOL: :LOL:
    With (most of the time, anyway) only 3 of us, there was a leader, one corner-marker and one tailender. Nobody got lost, no corner-marker pissed-off when the rest of the group was still having ice-creams at the last stop...for once it actually all WORKED ! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Small group, good pace and guesstimated 300km grew well past the 400...
    Eventually met up with Brian in Trafalgar, great to see another of the NetRider faces, and that "duck-billed" R65LS can sure honk :D
    A 40-or-so batch of Ulyssians blocked Noojee Main St.....Icy Creek-Hill End was sweet and not too "barked".

Hope everyone got home ok and that babyoil is doing it's work on John's rear-end :LOL: :LOL:
    Another good one in the bag, thanks all.
  10. Yeah, great ride. Good company too.

Got home about 5.45pm. Did a little detour.

Glad it wasn't today, damned windy.

Catch yas next time.