Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] Deyago turns 32, so why not have a party?!

Discussion in 'VIC' started by deyago, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Right, as I slide ever further into my dotage I thought it would be a good idea to have a party while I can still remember what one is.

So, I've decided that Saturday August 27 would be a good time as any. The general plan is that people turn up, each bearing a gift worth a small fortune :D , drink, eat, make silly faces for the cameras and don't throw up on the dog.

More specifically, the ever generous Voyager has very kindly volunteered to cook for the big night and this party's food theme is Indian (Indian as in Bombay belly, not Indian as in "You're fcuked General Custer" ). The finer points are yet to be worked out but a curry or two is on the cards and we'll fire up the bbq for some faux tandoori stuff. People are encouraged to bring some food/nibblies and if you do, please give me some warning as to what you might bring. The idea being to avoid having ten kilos of snags and no bread.

When: Saturday 27 August.
    Where: Casa del Jake, PM me for the address.
    Why: I'm getting older and want to recapture my youth, dagnabit.
    Time: Probably from 5pm onwards I'll know better closer to the date.
    What to bring: A bit of food, whatever you want to drink and really expensive gifts - I don't have a Rocket III hint hint.

For those of you that came to the Chilli night you can expect more of the same but this time it should be a bit warmer. Limited bed space is available and there is plenty of floor space for those that can put up with it. It should be a good night and the food is bound to be top class.

Jake :D .

Who's in:
    Me, but I'm leaving if it's crap.
    VTRBob (first dibs on the couch).
    Voyager (chef extrodanaire)
    Mr & Mrs Scumbag.
    Boogieman, staying out of the kitchen 'cause he can't stand the heat.
    Chairman and a curry Cassada, God help us all.
    G, p0rn Director to the masses.
    Scott and Craig ??
  2. A walking frame sounds like the perfect gift :p :p I'll even put mirrors and wheels on it so you think your on the VFR :LOL:
  3. And here I was thinking that a moped was the way to go
  4. Put me down as a definate : and i bags the couch again , that was so comphy last time !

Or did it just seam that way after all that tequila that was forced into me ?

One tequila two tequila MORE

:LOL: :twisted: :LOL:
  5. Maybe there should be a separate posting with suggestions as to suitable birthday presents???
  6. Have a great party, Jake, but don't worry about getting older, everybody's doing that!
  7. how bout if instead of a pressy everyone just throws some money in the hat as they walk in. lets say $1000 each, this should cover any damage caused on the night and may even help poor OLD deyago.
  8. Now that a certain netrider member has shown me the secret to a making a 'lucious' sangria punch at Jakes last party Special Ingredient - I'll be making that again....and who can resist Voyager's cooking - and the possibility of Chairman's famous Cassada - I'm so there
  9. Obviosly your planing on a quiet night InTheWind.
  10. See people? Now look at Dave, there's a bloke that cares about his mates! It has to have a horn and one of those door bells that makes Vroom Vroom! noises too 8) .

In the wind, like your thinking, I can work with that but no cheques please folks :wink: .

Does anyone know how to make that tandoori marinade they use on chicken?
  11. kind of..I've got a recipie at home.... you want?
  12. Yes please.
  13. 2 c Nonfat yogurt
    1/4 c Fresh lemon juice
    1 1/2 tb minced peeled ginger root
    3 Cloves garlic, minced
    2 Jalapeno or other hot
    -chilies, seeded and minced
    2 Bay leaves
    2 ts Paprika
    1 1/2 ts Ground cumin
    1 1/2 ts Ground coriander
    1 ts Turmeric
    1 ts salt
    1/2 ts Freshly ground black pepper
    1/8 ts Ground cardamom

In India, meat that has been marinated in a mixture of yogurt and spices is
    roasted in a giant urn-shaped clay oven called a tandoor. Use this marinade
    with poultry, lamb or seafood

Drain yogurt in a cheesecloth lined colander in the refrig- erator for 2
    hours. Reserve the liquid for another use (baking or sauces).

Place the drained yogurt in a bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients.
    Discard bay leaves before cooking.

Makes 1 3/4 cups.
  14. similar to mine...will fish it out tonight and post it for you!

have a good Day and enjoy the food.....indian is the best!!
  15. Wil probably work just as well with beef or pork too assuming no Hindus or Muslims are present.
  16. Geez Jake, I'd really love to come, but I'm tippin I'll be a little preoccupied with my Pina Coladas at some bar at Kata Beach, Phuket. That's if I'm not soaking up the rays on the sand.... *sigh* :p

But have a happy birthday anyways, I'm sure you will :)
  17. I'll make an appearance if there is some promise of EXTRA MILD food there too...

I'm not good with Spicy :(

All the same I'm sure I should be at least able to make an appearance ;)

:p :LOL: :LOL:
  18. This wont be a "Burning Ring of Fire" event :LOL: . You can bring some extra mild stuff to toss on the bbq if you like. Look forward to seeing you there Stew.
  19. 32, Old? You young scally-wag!

I'll endeavor to drag my weary bones along for the event :)
  20. SO young!!!!