Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

(Melb) Cadbury's Birthday Ride - Friday 23 Dec

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Shambles, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Since I have the day off and the weather is going to be sunny I though I would go on a ride to celebrate getting another year older.

I'm planning to head up the Black Spur and into Marysville.

If anyone would like to join me they are more than welcome - as I am still learning the pace won't be fast. I will be leaving from MacDonalds Bayswater around 10.30 a.m.
  2. dont think i've got anything on that day so i'm always up for a ride
  3. Oh goodie goodie goodie, A ride on when I have the day off, BUT may I make a sudgestion and change the route ?

Dont get me wrong Shannon the Spur is normally a good and quiet run on weekdays, but the traffic my be rather on the heavyside this fri with alot of people heading off for there xmas holidays etc etc ?
  4. as long as it is good it will not worry me
    will have one of my mates come along as well i think
  5. I know what you mean "brick" the traffic wont bother me either, but with Shannon only just getting her 'Ls' etc , I know she's done the Spur once already, but twisties combined with cars/caravans and kids screaming in the backseat ( are we there yet :LOL: ) might not be the slow relaxing ride she's after ?
  6. But the Spur is great! But I understand where you are coming from .. if you would like to make a suggestion on an alternative please do I'm still trying to find the good roads.
  7. So you having your birthday ride before or after this BIKE ride your setting up?
  8. could always head too the other way up to Mt baw baw back throught moe not a bad ride should be little traffic no snow
  9. Depending on the location/route I will try to make it for this one. I have a lot to do that day though, so if you're going to start way out east and go further, I'll have to pass. Don't change things on my behalf though.

Oh, and happy birthday for the day.
  10. Hey Shannon, might be interested, in the ride depending how i pull up after a few drinks on thursday night, like others i still have a little shopping left to do but if you can pm your phone number, will give you a call on the day and find out where you are

cheers stewy
  11. would love to join in. will respond let you now with certainty later in the week.
  12. So have you worked out were we are going to go or is just cars, caravans, screaming kids and the spur?
    Well i will be happy anyway :LOL:
  13. Gee that sounds like fun, but I'm taking my ex to see Mick Thomas and Sime Nugent at the Corner the night before so there's no way I'll make it for that start. Have fun though. :)
  14. No bike :( Will you pillion me? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  15. Now that would be a sight for sore eyes.
    Classic. :D :D :D
  16. This ride sounds great, too bad im too inexperienced for this one though.

Have a great birthday though, im sure well catch up when got some more riding under my belt to compare the mighty across'.
  17. You've only had your l's for about 2 weeks less than the ride organiser, so your probably not too inexperienced at all :) Also, send a PM to "Chubz" who lives very close to you and has only had l's for 2 weeks ... you could get some riding experience together :)
  18. You know the rules NRNR :p :D
  19. NOT FAIR! Why does work have to spoil everything? :p
  20. NRNR? You know what Mouth's leg is like. If he throws it over, there's a good chance it will fall off.