Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] Bike-Touring 101 Session, Tue 14th Feb

Discussion in 'VIC' started by FormerUser1, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Note: The below session will be repeated on the 14th Feb. Refer: https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?p=228339#228339
    at THIS location:
    La Porchetta Pizza Restaurant
    238 Dorset Rd
    Melways 65A9
    7pm onwards.
    Easy parking (enter car park via Chandler Rd),

The 101 of touring...bikes, equipment, attitude, "ride-to-survive", differences to city/ normal/ day riding, lane-positioning, breakdowns and help, extra tools and gear, proper packing, luggage options, planning, maps, timing, gauging weather, shit that happens, etc etc
    Getting a mixed group of interested noobs/ oldies together for info/ ideas-exchange.
    Wed 1.Feb,
    FastaPasta at Brandon Park Shop. Ctr.,
    7pm onwards.

2. Sounds great Pete!

...bit early though... :p
  3. Yo, thought I put it on early to make sure you can't make it :LOL: :LOL:
  4. Sounds like a plan to me. It might be the first time stepping into a "Fasta Pasta"!

Does it have to be Wednesday? Any other day that week would be fine! Either that or make it a bit later!

5. Great Idea Pete, It would be great if someone with your expertise (or you) could run such a seminar in Sydney, I'm sure you'd get a good response here too.....
  6. great idea, will be there with voice recorder in hand, might even be able to get some words of wisdom onto a motorcycle podcast (http://motocast.libsyn.com/)
  7. Count me in.

Would love to publish the results/outcome on Netrider.
  8. I will be there - got a Melways reference?
  9. Sounds good to me, I'll be there if possible :)
  10. Copy/ paste (tks Jase :) )
    Cnr Springvale Rd and Ferntree Gully Rd, Mulgrave
    ( On S/vale Rd about 300m south of intersection. Melway: 71 B9 )
    Map: http://www.brandonparksc.com.au/web_images/map_sm.jpg

Fasta Pasta has a paved area with seating outside (for the smokers), and also a generous amount of shopping centre parking right out the front.
  11. The first of a series of Netrider lectures?

Sounds great, count me in. :)
  12. Hey yeah, they have the Boyer Lectures, why not the Glitch Lectures??
  13. I like Pasta :grin:

I'll see if I can get out of the house, I like the idea.
  14. yep would be very interested in coming along
  15. VERY interested I tells ya!!
  16. now that I'm an old hat @ this sort of thing :p ok - well - done it once anyhow - love to be there too
  17. THAT wasn't the idea :cry:
    Was rather hoping to just get things rolling, then some other old hands handballing bits around, QandA's floating back/ forth....sticking to one of the items at a time.
    Without some structure things go off the rails too quickly.

Would love to get MOIKE in on this !!
    He'd have to be one of the most experienced hands around...
  18. Ummmh...
    distance is a bit of a problem :) ....and it wasn't really thought as a "seminar" but a sort of a workshop with other old hands and their experiences as resources involved to not make this a 'lecture'-type of affair...
    Let's see what comes out of it and what folks thought about it after the event.
  19. If I'm not at work, I'll be there.
  20. I would love to come, would probably learn something. Only problem is I will head off the next day touring the western part of the state.

I might have to learn to pack early, can you cover that subject first?
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: