Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Melb bike hire

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by techno, Jan 17, 2005.

1. I'm organising to go to WSB at Phillip Island in April and need to hire a bike in Melbourne. Neither of my bikes are currently capable of making the trip from Tas. I will be staying with a friend in Melbourne so I was thinking of hiring a bike to ride to PI and back to get the riding experience as well as the racing.

I am aware of Garners but are there other options?

Cheers

Techno

2.  Top
  3. I believe that there are a number of places that hire bikes around Melbourne
    I think Peter Stevens does - he's in the city Dandenong and Ringwood - do a google search on Peter Stevens.
    Motorcycle Rentals Australia is another an XT600e is $65/day, BMW R1150GS $120/day - the killer comes to bond and insurance

4. It's all about the Garners, brother.

5. Prep your own bike with the money you're going to waste hiring one. I mean shit mate, you've got almost two months to get ready. How much could be wrong with two wheels a frame and engine. Besides Phillip Island isn't that far from Melbourne anyhow.
    Good luck.

6. Yeah, fix your bike (service/tune/balance/tyres etc), take the boat from Tassie to Melb ($170 return) and ride there yourself, you will save money and have a better condition bike when you return to Tassie...