Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] Beginner ride, Sth Gippsland Area. Sat 3rd Sept.

Discussion in 'VIC' started by firefling, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Hi all,

Mouth and I have decided to do another beginner/learner ride to Wonthaggi via Poowong->Korumburra->Inverloch and having lunch at Wonthaggi pub.

Please have full tanks at meeting point and don't forget to wear warm clothes as it is near the coastal region. If the weather looks to be crap, we'll most likely postpone the ride.

Date: Sat 3rd Sept
    Meeting at: Cranbourne McDonalds (Cnr Camms Rd and Sth Gippy Hwy Melway: 133 J2)
    Time: 9:45am leaving 10:00am sharp!
    Duration: 200+ kms

ozfz6nguy's missus

Black Sheep (cause I dunno whether you should be herder or a sheep)
    flipper - pending baby sitter[/b]
  2. Sounds great, I'll be there :wink:

As it's a learner friendly ride, it will be a casual pace below or equal to the posted speed limits. Anyone looking for high speed runs, choose another ride :)

The route has a couple of small (only a few km's) sections of tight twisties that are good for learners, and is mostly open and flowing country roads. ~30km of dual lane highway out of and into Cranbourne.
  3. According to the Weather Channel website with the 28 day rain forecast you should be ok. If I can get out of bed then I will join you for this one. Oh well, early start gives me more time to get home.

4. Yay, good stuff. Nice to see your not detered.
    I would like to come along on this one as long as don't have something already booked.

Is there a gas station at or near the McDs?
  5. sorry guys out for this one :(
  6. I was going to throw the wets in anyway, we live in Melbourne, have to be able to deal with 4 seasons in one day.

7. Yes, about 300m away. Or you pass at least 3 if your coming off the Monash Fwy into Cranbourne.
  8. I will be there on the Breva (With a back up if i cant make the distance) :D

I havent riden in so long, you can class me as a learner for this one :(
  9. I hope to be on this one, just need to get a special leave pass as my son might be in tennis finals. Also might take the 2fiddy for a squirk if I can make it.
  10. I might be up for this, it's been a while since I've been on an organised ride. I'll have to see if the social secretary has anything planned.
  11. I'll be a sheep.. Can't have more herders than sheep now can we? :LOL:
  12. Woohoo, we got 4 herders and 4 sheep so far. We can do a buddy system there. I'll take the newest learner and terrorise...ahh I mean look after him :oops: :twisted: :p
  13. Uh-oh.. :shock: :p
  14. Firefling great to see another ride posted by you.

Im up for another ride.
    You can add one more sheep to the list.

15. Damn, it's my dad's birthday. I have to suss out if we are having a family lunch or dinner. If it's dinner, I'm in. :wink:

:D :D
  16. Hey Lids, love the sig, inspired by the Jimmy Buffet song "I'm growing older, but not up"??
  17. I will be there short of having already booked my self out for something else . I would be mad to not go , how many rides do you have leave ten minutes from your home . If any one want coffee before the meeting point they are welcome , I will have the apron and skirt on , may even shave the legs .
  18. What do you mean shave, I would have thought you would be a waxer.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  19. I'll be there for THAT :p :p