Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] Anyone Looking for Work ??

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by egiste, Mar 22, 2006.

1. We need to hire at least one more programmer in the near future and I thought I would ask if anyone here is interested:

About the Job:
    - Writting Java (Swing) client GUI as an upgrade of an existing client server system (written by us)
    - Pretty much all Java / XML based with Progress backend.
    - Any knowledge of Progress would be great, but not required (keeping in mind I had never heard of it when I started here)
    - Money and all conditions will all be worked out with the interested party, and will be based on experience etc.

About the company:
    Location on the corner of StKilda and Commercial Roads in Melbourne (over looking the park)
    This is a very well established small (15-20 people) company with some very big clients and plenty of projects lined up.

It is a pretty relaxed environment with plenty of freedom in development and there is a beer fridge in the coffee room.

The boss is really good and most of the other programmers have been here five years of more (most are contractors).

Not sure what else to say, except I was a grad when I started here last year and found it really good, so don't be put off if you don't have to much experience, but of course the more the better.

So if you would like more info, send me an email or a PM or just reply to this some time in the next week.

2. I saw programmer and I went :) .... then I saw Java and went :cry: pitty i cant code Java...

GL for someone else tho.
  3. yeah i was like :grin:
    then i cant program so im like :cry:
  4. If you are looking for someone with Testing Experiance (ISEB Qualified) and Network/Ssystems Eng Experiance along with some Progress Webspeed Experiance. I may be interested.
  5. At the moment I we really really really need Java people, but I think we are looking for testers too, so I will mention it to the boss tommorrow.
  6. Try this ad in Indonesia
    Many Java people there.
  7. That's a Hansfordism ;)
  8. I can do that Java nonsence......but Im getting paid way to much to do my music shit. would have been welcomed 18 months ago...
  9. 18 months ago I would have jumped at it too, now the only java I'm interested in comes in a cup.

10. I have a B.A.(Geography/Anthropology) and a B.Ed.(Primary). I've never programmed a computer but I can program the VCR and have watched many TV programs in the past. I'm also fairly handy with a guitar and I do like beer.

I'm happy to start as low as 80k and negotiate a pay rise from there. :cool:
  11. Ah no seany, it is a requirement that you know what programming is and must be able to use a computer for more than posting on forums :grin: :grin:
  12. I can use it to look at boobies. :wink: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  13. Egiste, one of the guys I work with is interested - graduate with 1 semester in Java but he'd like to do more.

When are they looking at taking someone on?
  14. Whats a Java??? :shock: :-s
  15. Sent you a PM