Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] Anyone got 8mm and 12mm allan keys I can borrow?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Loz, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Hey hey

Trying to yank the front end off Cheng's bike, and it turns out I need an 8mm and 12mm allan key to get the wheel and clip-ons off.

Bunnings ain't got them, they're too big... :shock: And nothing else is open.

Anyone not too far from the CBD willing to lend some to me for a few days? A week max. I can repay you in boundless gratitude and enthusiastic wheelies! Oh, and tonight would be ideal, I've got a mate around to help me with the lifty stuff. PM me your number or give me a ring on 0418 219 330.

2. Hey Loz, at a pinch you can use an 8mm bolt with a couple of nuts for a 12mm allen key. Just wind the 2 nuts onto the bolt & lock them up against each other. You will find the head of the 8mm bolt will fit in the 12mm cap screw & then use a 12mm spanner to undo. As for the 8mm -sorry but I think Geelong might be a wee bit out of your way. And I've had a few so I won't be able to deliver either :LOL: :LOL:
  3. I got a set of 7 different sizes you're welcome to if we can figure out how to teleport them! Otherwise can pass them along the netrider chain for you ........ :)
  4. I have some here, but I'm about 30 mins from the CBD and before the mods jump on me again, this is to lend not sell.
    The allen keys I'm offering are mine, NOT shop stock.
  5. jeez they're cheap as chips man, just buy one tomorrow :/
  6. Yeah that's what I figure, but if someone had one close by tonight it could have worked out. Not to worry, Super Cheap'll have em. Thanks anyway guys! :) :) :)
  7. $2 from variety stores, and they'll last about a week if your lucky, which is perfect :p