Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] 2005 Australian Motorcycle Expo, 16-19 Sept

Discussion in 'VIC' started by vic, Aug 28, 2005.

1. It's on again this year.

Our stall number is 18.

This is a link to the current floor plan for your perusal.

The official site for the expo can be found here
  2. I am hoping to combine that with a trip down to melbourne to visit my son, so I have that as a "tentative" in my diary.
  3. They had an interesting "display" at the Sandown 500 this weekend which will also be at the Expo next weekend.

See these pics here & here

Along with the usual stunt bike stuff they had a jet powered motorbike :shock:

Well it was actually a jet engine from a fighter trainer aircraft with a set of forks bolted to the front of it & a single rear wheel :roll:

The noise & heat had to be experienced to be believed. The "bike" wasn't actually ridden as such but was actually bolted to a trailer and towed around and the fuse lit a few times (see pics above).

As the on course commentators said "What kind of a drinking binge was involved when they decided to build this thing" and having experienced it I have to agree with them.

Still it would be a good way to get a person tailgating you to back off :wink:

Oh and a safety hint from PVDA, if they actually fire the thing up at the Expo, don't stand behind it as you'll end up looking like a lump of charcol :LOL:
  4. whose heading down to the expo????

:D hi there guys/gals.
    who is planning to go and have alook at the expo this weekend????
    will there be a netrider stand again??? :p
  5. 1. Yes
    2. Yes
  6. Re: whose heading down to the expo????

Yep, I'm going Saturday.

Yep, click here

:D :D
  7. finally i can introduce myself in person
  8. I have my son down for the weekend so will be doing coffee first then going to the expo about 6.00 pm , who else is doing the same .

9. what chance do we have that Foxtel will have a stand there and showing the GP live at 1145am Sunday
  10. Early review time....

The expo venue looks great. As usual, the manufacturers have spared no expense for their displays. Looks to be many more bikes there than previous years, due to more floor space being available to them. Layout is good (see Vic's 1st post with pdf of the plan), with manufacturers and large floorspace exhibtors to the west side, and smaller 'cubicle' exhibitors to the east side.

The Netrider stand is against the eastern wall, and with much thanks to xxsteve looks SUPERB :) Anyone who is ever wanting some printing or advertising material for self or the business you work/own, see Steve from DPMG - he's magnificient :)

The eastern building has the indoor MX arena with trucks loading in dirt ramps and jumps etc. Looks great also, and will be some fun and great events happenign in there.

All the usual providers seem to be there, from Honda to Buell to custom choppers/bikes to magazines and all your favourite accessories and importers. The new Buell Ulyssess bike looks super horn! :LOL: =P~ =P~ :LOL:

Overall, it will be a good few hours at least to walk around and see everything, or half an hour if your teh rush in and breeze through type of person just looking for a few things. The layout and design will suit everyone.

For those that haven't been to the exhibition centre before, food and drink is available in a catering area at the usual exhoborant prices for these sorts of events.

As a reminder, tix's are just $15 adult, $8 kid, or $36 for a family. Midday to 9pm Friday, 10am to 9pm Sat, and 10am to 5pm Sunday.

Free bike parking is in an enclosed area at the very NthWest end of the complex, off Munro street. (Marked as coach parking on this map (pdf)). Car parkign is availabel underneath the exhibition centre, off Normanby Rd. $8 for early bird before 10am or Fri/Sat after 4pm. Hourly fee at other times with a max of $20. Otherwise try your luck with street parking in the NthWest side off munro or Lorimer street.

See you all there :)
  11. gr8 info Jason I've only set aside 9hrs though & will turn my ph off so the boss can't ring me!, but is there a pension/healthcare card holder price? Will print off Vic's floorplan b4 I go!
  12. Does anyone know if they do pass-outs?
    Kind of hoping to go have a look round in the morning, pop out for some lunch before returning for an afternoon session.
  13. You can pass out anytime you like :LOL: :LOL:
  14. Will be there Sunday!
  15. Bike show

well just been into the bike show .
    Not bad , saw a lot of people i knew there
    Johnny O is on the bennelli stand , vic and jason on netrider , DJ, gav on mraa .

lots of bikes , a fair bit to see
    now foods dear but if you go into that caffeteerier get the EGG AND BACON HAMBURGER it has melted cheese , mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i ate 3 of then by the time i left :LOL:
  16. So the Caff was the highlet then :p :p :p

Cheers 8)
  17. no fcukin coffee though , was a bit pissed about that , but I am home sipping macona now .

Hey when I left they stamped my hand with one of these to get back in :wink: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    In RED http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0008GRFG8/?tag=netrider-20
  18. :shock: COOOOL I have hepas of them. Might set up a small weekend business outside the joint and stamp peoples wrists for a 1/4 of the price. Bit of a 3 card monty thing :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Cheers 8)