Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[MEL] Broken Exhaust Bracket

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Tnate, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Alrighty then. I have a 1994 ZXR750L with stock headers (I believe) and a bolt on Staintune can. The problem I'm having is, that the bracket connecting the can to under the rear foot peg has snapped due to fatigue.

Now, I've taken it to Hones in Box Hill, and they've told me that the best option is to get a whole new can, as it will be a nightmare to find a replacement bracket (its also exceptionlly hard to find a whole new unit). That's all well and good, but I would rather fork out a couple of bucks for a bracket, than a couple of hundred for a new muffler.

So does anyone know where I could pick one up from? Anyone got one lying around? Or does anyone have a replacement muffler can I could buy?

Thnaks for the help
    Tnate

2. Is welding an option? Be a pity to toss a can cos of a bracket.

Mo

3. Wreckers?

Staintune have a website, may be worth checking out.

4. any small engineering shop will be able to make a new bracket for you.

5. Having had four brackets break due to fatigue on the Duke, I would recommend taking the broken bits to a metal fabricating place (or similar) and ask them to make a stainless steel replacement. That's what I did with the left bracket (it was done by a friend of an acquaintance I now have nothing to do with, hence why my right one still has not been replaced).