Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Meeting Point out of action....

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by lil, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Just to let some of you know....I rode past the Mobil on the corner of Toorak and Auburn roads (at the freeway) yesterday and saw that it seems to have been closed for renovations. I thought I'd post it cos I often use that servo as a meeting point and I figure cos a lot of people know about that particular one that it must be used fairly frequently.

:D :D :D

2. There seems to be a few Mobils closing down at the moment. The one on the corner of Ferntree Gully rd and Springvale (Brandon Park side) has also closed down which is a pain for those that live in my part of Mulgrave cause you cant get petrol on the way to the freeway anymore without doing a U-turn (BP on Wellington and S/vale rds) :(

3. Don't worry mate. It will most likely come up as Safeway petrol station soon, as the rest of them did!!!

4. I hope so, otherwise I will have to start back tracking and use the Jacksons rd onramp :roll:

5. And Springvale just north of Wellington closed ages ago (great place to grab a snack on the way home from Sandown).

On my side of town we had one is St Albans turn into a 7-11, one close completely in Deer Park and has been boarded up since well before Xmas, two close down in Ballarat Rd Sunshine and I noticed the Mobil on the Nepean between Cummins & South has disappeared as well leaving only the Shell back towards North Rd as the only servo for a large outbound section of the highway until you get down to Mentone or Mordy.

Several independant servo's have also started to become Caltex branded around the traps as well.

6. I'm a regular there too. I was there recently, just before it closed. Was curious because many but not all of the bowsers were empty. Asked the attendant what was going on. Apparently they are changing the very old (underground) tanks and it will re-open.

7. LIL,
    most people use night clubs , pubs and caf'es as meeting points , or dating services on- line , but if your into servo's each to there own :LOL:
    Thats pretty kinky lil :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

8. You know me, groberts!! I like to do things a bit different to everyone else!

9. Ahhhh, that explains the Ducacacacacatalismicpileofcrap... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

10. ....better than Jap Crap! :p

11. Heh... I was there as it was shutting as well... meant to say something about it but forgot all about it...

They should have had a massive sign up saying CLOSED FOR BUSINESS rather than allowing about 6 of us to drive/ride up and try to get petrol...

12. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You beat me to it Skuff.....

Might also explain the way she rides :p