Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Meet Victoria's top roadracers from the 50's - July 1st

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Johnny O, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Hi Guy's,

Next Wednesday, 1st July, 'The racing memories of legends of our sport' will be filmed by a professional cinematographer at the Preston Motorcycle Club rooms at Norfolk Crt in Coburg North.

The legends attending are..

Ray Stafford, Ray Reardon, Ray Johnson, Tom Abrahams and Trevor Pound from Preston Club. Maurie Quincey, Wes Brown, Ian Ibister and Bill Petrie from Hartwell club.

Motoring journalist 'Jim Scaysbrook' will be in attendance to compare this significant event in motorcycle roadracing history.

Between 4pm and 5pm, the clubrooms will be open to club members and the public who would like to call in and meet the gentlemen.

There will be some incredible stories from the states older racers. If you would like to get an insight into the minds of great racers and catch a bit of history, come along, there's no telling what sporting & racing greats that will be in attendance.

For further information contact

Susan Edwards
    Preston Motorcycle Club Inc.

2. Err..........no thanks. I have some grass that I would like to watch grow. :rofl:
  3. Or maybe read your own posts :LOL:
  4. Those guys even predate mine and Hornet's vintage. :shock:

I do recognise a couple of names though and I'm sure Paul will recognise some of them as well.
  5. Did they have motorcycles back then? :shock: :LOL:
  6. Motorcycles were invented before Horses, mate.
  7. I know most of those names...sigh.

And I had the pleasure of staying with Maurice Quincey and his lovely wife in the late 1970's while I was visiting Melbourne for the Swann Series. A true gentleman.
  8. Mauries wifes name is Betty..........and as you would know rc36 Maurie could talk the ears off a wing nut. :)
  9. You see, that's what comes from getting old. I knew her name but couldn't remember it. Yes, Maurice is quite the raconteur, that's for sure.

At the time, Maurice and Betty were in the process of having their beautiful home renovated so that it could accommodate Ray's wheelchair. His injury and the subsequent events to it were very traumatic for the whole family.
  10. ray is doing ok these days, thankfully.