Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Meet Dorothy...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Pink500, Feb 9, 2008.

1. I just bought a 1985 Yamaha DT200 Dirt Bike.

She's the perfect height for me, only 108kg and with 33hp pumping out of a llittle 2-stroke engine I'm pretty sure she'll hunt. The $500 price tag was too good to refuse!!

This should be fun!
  2. Very nice :) I'll have to come for a paddock thrash sometime! :grin:
  3. I'm thinking of getting a chook chaser too - just to get all the "high spirits" out of my system before I hit the roads...
  4. Top looking machine for the price! Well done.

5. Nice for a bit of fun, i used to have a dt 175 when i was like 16, there are great fun.
  6. I also had a DT175 one time, did heaps of work for me.
    Had a gravity defying front wheel too! :grin:

7. lol aint they all.
  8. Is that the liquid cooled one? I rode one years ago, had heeaps of grunt right thru the range, no peakiness at all. And the engine was turbine smooth. I'm very jealous, you got yourself a real bargain there, enjoy! :cool:
  9. Maybe it's cos I have kids but when I read the topic I thought of Dorothy the Dinosaur. :oops:

Anyhoo. Cheers on the two stroke. Nothing like the buzzy little buggers, the smell, the sound and the way they deliver power. Enjoy you lucky dawg. :cool:
  10. that is a top bike by the looks of ya pics :)
    well done!

i started on a YZ about that vintage..maybe a few years earlier now i think about it..
    but i ended up in love with TT's by the time i got my license.
    Yammies dominated my bike riding for the first 15 or so years.

enjoy pink500! :cool:
  11. Cheers everyone!
    davesta: yes, it's the liquid cooled one.
    I haven't had a chance to ride it yet, except up and down the driveway, but by the looks of things I'm gonna have a whole heap of fun next weekend when I have a go at the trails on my friends property. :grin:
    I'll let you know how it goes..