Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Media Players

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Doch, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Ive been getting some .mov files sent to me via trusted email sorces but I cant get the things to play. Ive got windows Media Player, Media Classic, Winamp and VLC but to no avail. Any ideas?

2. Quicktime is .mov
  3. That wouldn't help in this case. VLC supports .mov files. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html , as does Windows media player, I.e from some M$ support article I found:
    QuickTime Content (.mov, .qt)
    Versions of Windows Media Player that support this file type:
    • Windows Media Player 7
    • Windows Media Player for Windows XP
    • Windows Media Player 9 Series
    • Windows Media Player 10
    • Windows Media Player 11

Do you get any errors when you try to play the files? What actually happens? And what are the sizes of them. And when you right click -> properties, what is said?

Ok, that's for a start to seeing what is going on. Besides that the actual files are corrupt and/or 0 size.
  4. Windows Classic says "failed to render file" and VLC just goes to a full size blank screen. Properties says that there's 40 mb.
  5. My WinMedia10 wont play .mov

There's an update to 11 available, but I haven't gone down that road yet.
  6. i'd download the latest quickime & try that.
    it's possible that it was created with a newer version of quicktime that windows media player doesn't support.
  7. Thanks guys the latest version of quicktime seems to have sorted it.