Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mechanics in St Kilda

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by barts, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've been on here - too busy terrorising the streets on the old Spada!!

Anyway, I was hoping that someone might help me, I've been trying to look for a local mechanic around St Kilda somewhere, but I check the yellowpages and they don't really have a section on motorbike, or motorcycle mechanics??

Does anyone know if there's one about?

Also, when I got the bike shortly after everything died on it and aparently it was the battery which they shop where i bought it replaced it with a "new" battery - the bike wasn't covered under a warranty but it was a Honda place so I figured that they'd be more likely to fix faults anyway.

Then I went away for a week and so didn't ride, and every since I got back I've had to push start it - which was fine until pre-season started and now my legs are killing me!! So my question here (eventually) is will the mechanic be able to spot the issue with the batteries going flat or will I have to take it to an auto elect?

Cheers for your help!
  2. I had same problem once.
    I took it to a mech. and it cost me almost alot of money to find out that the light bulbs were the wrong wattage was 55/50W instead of 35/something W
    have a check of that
    otherwise maybe you have bad alternator or rectifier or a stuffed battery.
    use multimeter to check if its charging correctly..

and sorry i dont know of any mech. around St Kilda either.
    I take my bikes to the city ray quincey to be precise. Haven't had problem with them but kinda sus sometimes about the work they do
  3. Thanks for that Ninja, I'll have to go and check - it's hard being my first bike I'm not sure how long batteries should last - but I would have thought longer than it has though!