Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mechanical type help needed (non bike)

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by lil, Nov 26, 2004.

1. I know this isn't bike related, but I need some help/advice if possible from all the wonderful brains :shock: I have access to here!!!

I've broken the drivers door window in my HJ Kingswood (I think its fallen off its runner or whatever it is that holds the window in place) and can't work out how to access it to see if I can fix it myself.

Is there anyone out there who can give me some help???

From a lady in distress.... :LOL: :roll:

:D :D :D
  2. Sorry mods, I put this in the wrong forum....probably should be in technical advice :oops:

3. Ok, I'll say it:

So you are enquiring for a friend then, lil?

Sorry m'dear, most of my mech experience is with mokes- they don't have that problem.
  4. pm Roderz he has a kingswood also!
  5. Don't know about any brains but I'll try and help...

You're prob right about the runner, most doors have two running vertically and it's prob just pop'd-out. First take the inside door cover off (plastic thing), you'll prob have to take off both the handle and the winder (if it has one) and then it should just pop-off (might need a flat-blade to help).

Once the cover is off you can see what's going on (which helps). Squirt some WD40 over the mechanism for no particular reason (just looks professional) then whack the glass back in the runners (a tad awkward) and you're all set to put the cover back on :D
  6. a lady in distress?? anytime
    the glass in the Kingy's door needs 3 things to keep it in place-
    2 felt covered u shaped channels (at the front and rear of the door)
    and a horizontal channel on the top of the glass (up'n' down) winder mechanism and
    to access the inside of the door, you have to get the window winder handle orf as well as the arm rest
    from memory
    the armrest has 2 long screws (perhaps hidden underneath the armrest)
    that need to be undone
    the window winder handle is held on by a Uclip and u push a screwdriver
    behind the handle to disengage it( you are meant to use a special tool to do this but the screwdriver will work)..it will probably spring out and disappear in the bushes.... :shock:
    undo the door locking knob (screws orf anticlockwise) and then the inner door skin comes off by unclipping the push studs that go into plastic plugs in the door frame...once off, you should be staring at a plastic inner door seal
    peel this off (has to be restuck back later)
    and after all this, you should be looking at the 3 bits that hold the glass in.

this enuff???? lemmeeknow....
    you can always buy a Gregorys for the full story... :LOL:
  7. You missed off the WD40 step :(
  8. Thanks heaps boys!! I can't be bothered doing it tonight...too hot, but I'll have a go tomorrow and let you know how I go!

:^o BTW, I might have told a little fib in order to get what I want :twisted: :wink: ....not really a lady, just a wolf dressed in sheep's clothing :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

*waiting for the nasty comments towards females right about now!*

9. no problem with me.....
    I am the ONLY male in the family
    (the other 5 are of the sweeter sex)
    even the cat is a 'she' :shock:

10. more like a sheep dressed in sheeps clothing lil :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :p
  11. should be done today.....anything like this has to be accompanied
    by the drinking of lotsa cans and lotsa swearing
    and skinned knuckles
    and as its hot...
    well thats as good a reason as any.... :p
  12. Well, the trouble is I only drink red wine and most of the clear spirits :twisted: , and they tend to be drinks for cooler days :wink:
    In spite of appearances, swearing is not really my thing
    I've only just managed to get my hands looking semi reasonable after my last job....
    The main reason though.....I put new nail polish on yesterday :roll:
  13. hey lil, you live anywhere near keysborough?

i have owned nothing but kingswoods and i've got parts strewn all about my shed if anything is actually broken. i can have that window fixed in a jiffy if you want to bring the beast round to my place. shoot me a PM if you want, i'm not doing anything tonight and i'll be home by early arvo tomorrow i think so anytime around that will be fine

otherwise, ismith was on the money. i've got one of those special tools, but if you wanna give it a shot yourself, a fork with the middle prongs bent back works better :wink: make sure you dont lose the jezus clip, they are a pain to find when they spring away and it hardly seems worth making a trip to a wreckers to grab a couple.
  14. :LOL: :LOL: Finally the truth comes out!!
  15. are the joys of being female
    the world stops for the saving of the finger clear gloss :LOL: