Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mechanical Inspection and Service

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Jez79, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Hi All, have read through previous posts but found conflicting info or outdated info so was just wanting some current advice on mechanics in Melbourne. Have also tried links directory and partnership discounts. Have bought a 99 gsxr600 (37000km's) and while I have a 3 month engine and gearbox warranty, I'd like to have it THOROUGHLY checked out to see if anything needs doing. I also think it would be a good idea to change all the fluids and have it serviced at the same time.

My concern is a lot of service centres have told me "yeah we'll just do a service and have a look at it for ya" but I really want to make sure this is done properly with a written report etc, so if any problems are found, I can deal with them.

Someone who is really good with the bike and not just nice to talk to would be preferred.

Thanks in advance.
    J.

2. Just go to a recommended mechanic. I used an independent shop, and they were great, to do exactly what you want to do - a pre-warranty inspection combined with a service. They pull just about everything off the bike, and whilst electrical faults maybe harder to find, ask them to ensure regualtor etc all functining fine.

Am sure all is fine if the bike has been running well for you up till now.

3. Just wondering if anyone has used Clint who used to be at A1 Ringwood?

4. give pablos in mulgrave a call