Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mechanic Tutor

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Jez79, May 16, 2007.

1. Gday,

I'd like to learn how to pull apart my spada engine to adjust valves and check cam chain, tappets etc, and be able to do some important maintenance so was wondering if anyone out there would be interested in helping. *Groan* says everyone, he's trying to get free labour.. Actually, I'm prepared to pay cash and slab for the tutoring because its a skill i'd like to have..

Anyhoo, I'm in Melbourne, can travel and have Fridays, evenings and weekends off.

Please let me know if you are interested and what sort of dollars you'd be interested in.
  2. Jez, I too would like to understand how to do more than change brake pads, oil and chains. Maybe a spanner day or weekend is once again in order? :grin:
  3. Well, other than coming to brisbane and buying me a slab, there has been a couple of maintainance days....

I'll be doing some camchain replacement type work here tonight and some trailbike work on saturday...... but it's a bit far for a quick blat.

Any qld people welcome to PM and come over.
  4. I'd also be keen to join in on a spanner day. How oftem do they come around?
  5. depends on how keen they are to learn hey?????

i'll be there saturday.....

(and i promise i won't bring out-of-date cheese either)
  6. 6 pack. 3.50 and some notice. i'll help
  7. I think I scared them off by talking about what i put in the curry.....
  8. We are having a Spanner Day in Drouin on 26th May.

Only covering basic stuff, but you could probably organise something with Andrew (Mr Cruisingal) :grin:
  9. nah - it was my cheese.....
  10. Spanner day eh :-k people are always saying to me Im good with my tool 8-[ No, wait, or is it :furious: I am a tool, I forget, anyways depends what you want to do? venue? tools? I may be able to offer some timely advice :soapbox: depending on what your trying to do
  11. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: at Movin!

Just doing basic service stuff, maybe some suspension adjustments etc, all depending on time and if there is anything else in particular that anyone wants that would be a benefit to others to know how to do too.

The rest of them will be just mucking around under my supervision in the naughty corner :wink: :)