Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mechanic in the Inner West

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by PeterPorker80, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Got my bike from Sydney City Motorcycles. Good bunch of people.

Can I ask what people's experience have been with getting their bikes serviced from there?

Do people typically get their bike serviced where they bought it?

My experience with (new) cars has been to get it done at the dealership during warranty period then go to another workshop.

Is that the same principle with bikes? Or can one take the bike to a place that's Kawasaki recognises? I'd be after one in Sydney's Inner West.
  2. I bought my current bike from a dealer in Dubbo, so I don't get it serviced by them.

I use Motorcycle Empire on Parramatta Road Leichhardt www.motorcycleempire.com.au
    I have found them to be very good.
  3. Do you know if this presents a warranty issue with Kawasaki (ie not getting it done at at the Kawasaki dealer)?
  4. legally it should make no difference who does your service as long as they are competent with appropriate qualifications. In practise when you go to make a warranty claim dont be surprised if buck passing and finger pointing goes on. Like you I stick to the dealership during warranty then go where I want after, sometimes stay at the dealer if they have looked after me and built a good relationship.