Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mechanic in 3078 Area Fairfield (Vic)

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by journeyman, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Any suggestions for general Honda tune/service work in the Fairfield (Vic) area? - obviously Redwing in Heidelberg but any other thoughts?

2. Have heard good things about www.gassit.com.au (I think groberts has personal experience with them).
  3. Good :D - they're around the corner and I've been actually planning to get them to do a tune/service on the Spada. Unless someone says anything bad, they've got the gig.

4. you should pm groberts03 to get his opinion - he'll get back to you quite quickly. As I said I am pretty sure he has used them before.
  5. FWIW - good experience today with Gassit - Morris did a fine job on the Spada - I'd thought it was running pretty well before he got to it - this was really just to get a professional tune etc to be sure that everything was OK and so that I'd have a frame of reference to judge what it should sound like in the event that anything were to go wrong. But now is magnifique!

A satisfied customer.

6. glad it worked out , my next on i am going to try peter H anighan , and see how it matchs up with maurice .
    as i said in the pm , sometime gassits can be a little dear side , but maurice knows his stuff .
  7. Got no benchmark to judge exy or not - but tune & service, oil, oil & air filter, plugs, fresh coolant (not water ;) ), test ride on completion - $227. Oh - and was also polished with ArmorAll to plastic bits & SIDES of tyres too! :D Perhaps may have been a bit less elsewhere, but as I said in my PM, am happy to pay a few shekels over the odds once to help establish the "relationship".

8. Redwing is all you need, absolutely bloody CHAMPIONS those guys!!!!!!
  9. I am pretty fussy when it come to servicing my bike. I do most of it myself, but for the things that are a little bit beyond me (Cam Chain Tensioners, Brake Bleeding and fitting new brake lines) I use Peter Henighan that Groberts just mentioned. Well recommended.

PM me for his details if you want them.
  10. I took my Across in to Gassit first when Action were booked out for a month, and I've been using them since.
  11. Matt - have heard lots of good stuff about Redwing too - in fact my old CBX is up there now waiting for the insurance stuff to get sorted. Although a mate had his VTR250 serviced there and they missed a few things (coolant level low for one as I recall) - but then again, they did squeeze him in immediately before Xmas when they were really busy.