Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mechanic for BMW cafe racer project

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by bgunsberger, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a mechanic in Sydney to talk to about a BMW cafe racer project. I'm looking at a mid 70's /5,6 or 7 and would love to get an idea of what I'm getting myself into and what is practical to go myself vs what I should get professional help for.

Also, if anyone has any personal experience, I'd love to hear that too.

Thanks,

Ben

2. hello mate,

I would be of more helpf you wanted one from canberra (member of the ACT BMW club) but try these local ones.

Ben (currently working at Balmain Motorcycles) i believe worked on BMW's for years and has always impressed me as a friendly bloke- have a chat to him.

Motorhansa (spelling?) are a BMW mechanic shop in rydalmere (spelling?) and they might also be worth a chat, but i've dealt with them- i only know they are there.

Let me know how you go as i finished a rat racer project on an old honda (ON a tight budget) last year and have been looking at the R75's liking what what i see potential wise.

camo

3. Only heard about these guys elsewhere - MMT, at the end of East Street,Granville. 9637 0277

Had my starter motor replaced by Motohansa at Rydalmere - asked them about servicing the bike and they said stuff like valves aren't that hard and tried to sell me a manual - so I'll be giving it a go :shock:

Found about this guy in Brookvale, recommended by a friend of mine - loves the old BMW's and worth a call; Paradise motorcycles 9939 7075