Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Meatloaf motorcycle poetry...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by mattb, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Im gonna hit the highway like a battering ram
    On a silver black phantom bike
    When the metal is hot and the engine is hungry
    And were all about to see the light

I can see myself
    Tearing up the road
    Faster than any other boy has ever gone
    And my skin is rough but my soul is ripe

And no one's gonna stop me now
    I gotta make my escape
    But I cant stop thinking of you
    And I never see the sudden curve until its way too late
    I never see the sudden curve until its way too late

Then I'm dying on the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun
    Torn and twisted at the foot of a burning bike
    And I think somebody somewhere must be tolling a bell
    And the last thing I see is my heart
    Still beating
    Breaking out of my body
    And flying away
    Like a bat out of hell

I find this very moving!

2. Thats farkin fantastic. Good job. :demon:

3. All hail Jim Steinman!!! :applause:

4. for all those people stupid.. .like me... wtf?

5. Jim Steinman wrote, mastered, and played keyboards on the album. Todd Rundgren played the amazing guitar stuff.
    Michael Aday played the part of Meatloaf on the stage, and provided the vocals for the album.
    Ellen Foley sang on the album, and Carla de Vito mimed her songs on stage as Foley didn't want to tour....

6. ...because she'd seen the light and run off with Mick Jones fromThe Clash.

7. I didn't know THAT :LOL:.

8. She recorded an album under his tutelage (as the actress said to the bishop) called Spirit of St Louis. The Clash were basically her backing band on the album and she started running around in tutus and leather jackets. All good.

9. Video clip is nice too. That dress is impressive....... *Looks through PC files* I've got the clip somewhere....

10. Ooh ooh! I'm not the only tragic here.

Yippeeeeeee!!!!

11. Meatloaf???

Me Mum once said " If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".

I wish I paid more attention.... :sick: :wink:

12. I posted the link to the clip on youtube earlier in this thread. Some moderator decided to delete my post for some reason obvious to them.

13. Yeah I noticed that Cathar, still it's all good :)

14. And my response apparently :?

15. Meatloaf Bat out of Hell is THE record from my youth. Every song brings back very specific memories or feelings. I love putting this on my IPOD and going for a ride out the back of Mornington, blasts away the cobwebs pretty damn good.

It's funny when I listen to this or an old ac/dc, rose tattoo or kiss album I start to understand my 15yo son a bit better :LOL:

Jim Steinman wrote some bloody rippers, there was a doco on him on ABC2 recently and he just wanted to make the biggest most cliche ridden motorbike song ever, he did it and I love it. :grin: :grin:

16. ... and the motorcycle sounds were all made by Todd Rundgren on his guitar; no sounds effects were employed at all on the album..

In case it comes on again, look out for the Bat out of Hell edition of 'Greatest Albums', shown regularly on ABC2.

{The Paul Simon 'Gracelands' one is great too!!}

17. yeah abc2 rocks! And i thought I was the only one who watched it!! That series on classic albums is a ripper.

18. I think you mean "Classic Albums" which is also shown on the Biography channel on Foxtel.

Yep, they're really interesting. Perhaps the best feature of this series is being able to hear the original mulit-tracks. Definitely not your usual "Behind the Music" fare...

Some other excellent episodes, I recall, include:
    Cream - Disraeli Gears
    The Who - Who's Next
    Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
    The Grateful Dead - Anthem to Beauty
    Metallica - Metallica [all was explained :roll:]
    Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon

19. Hmm yes. I seem to feel victim to the arbitrary strike quite often, too.