Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

...meanwhile, in China...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Chef, Mar 8, 2012.

1. http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle...llegal-street-racing/20238.html#ixzz1oRYt4e5Z

• Like Like x 1
  2. At least the motorcyclist over there are Passionate about bikes, I wonder how many of them use forums to biatch and complain to the converted but in reality tow the line and DO SFA.
  3. Only in China... Shish! Some weird stuff goes on over there!
  4. I guess the market for convicted criminals' transplantable organs is still booming.

f uck me sideways.. thats insane.
  6. Well, the "authorities" over here repeatedly tell us that, if you exceed the speed limit by 1 km/h you're as good as dead anyway.

As for the self immolation, there may be a bit more to it than the bloke simply being passionate. What if his bike was his only means of earning an income so its confiscation would mean destitution for his family?
  7. Death penalty """ your giving Vic pol ideas
  8. so motorcycle do save lifes:D
  9. We need legalised footpath parking nationwide right now.
    After all the pollies and cops do keep reminding us that if it saves even one life it's worth it.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Hey, they've got plenty to spare. Another form of population control.
  11. You guys crack me up :LOL: This should probably be in humour.

...wait, they want to kill people for riding a motorcycle, that's not funny. It is however a really good incentive to not get caught.
  12. I'd say your most likely spot on......I am married to a Chinese & know many Chinese & been there several times, they only really have two passions. Food & money.

13. That was my first thought when I read that story.
    They're just begging for everyone to falsify plates and run from the cops.

If I thought there was a real chance of getting the death penalty, there's no way it'd be the brakes I went for when i saw flashing lights.
  14. I prefer to think of it as a very strong moral obligation to support yourself and your family without having to rely on other people for the sake of not losing face..
  15. Don't let Dave Stewart hear about this, he might get ideas...
  16. Ref the guys arrested in Shanghai I'm looking into this and so far have heard nothing on this.... Living in Shanghai and being involved largely in the bike scene seems strange to have heard nothing about it.

I'm investigating