Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Meanwhile in America....speeds go up!!!

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Chef, May 24, 2012.

1. It's obvious by now that the US have a different way of viewing life to, oh I don't know.....the rest of the world.

Whilst Australia was being raised as the Nanny country and being watched over by the UK, the good ol USofA done give them a kicking thus creating the land of the free. Do yourself a favour and kick a Nanny today.

https://www.madmaps.com/madblog/maps/higher-speed-limits-approved-on-central-texas-highways/

[​IMG]

2. I like Texas - always have - If I ever moved to the US its where I would go

3. Only in Texas can you legally do 80mph with two nickel plated 45's strapped to your waist. Yehaw.

4. Just make sure you're not caught mentally ill and in posession of an inadequate alibi within 50 miles of a high profile murder and you'll be laughing...........

5. My niece is moving to Texas soon....I just might have to visit.

6. Very interesting....

7. this may look very attractive from afar,
    however anyone that has ridden in the USA will understand it comes with some caveats.

in most states of the USA the other road user will force you to do 10mph over the speed limit,
    if you don't they'll ride your arse, and flash their lights.
    so with an 80mph limit you'll end up driving at 90mph (144kph).
    at the same time the highway patrol will tolerate 10 mph over the limit if there are other cars around, but as soon as you exceed that they will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

so the practical reality is you may be travelling at 144kph,
    however the speed window you have to maintain is very narrow.

you may think woo hoo 144kph sounds awesome,
    but when every idiot around you is doing the same,
    and you don't have a choice to slow down,
    the reality is not quite what you might imagine.

8. And that really wouldn't bother me.