Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

MCC meeting [NSW]

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by ibast, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Well Sunite provided me with the motivation to attend my first MCC meeting on Monday night.

Being my first meeting and not being a Netrider delegate I kept a pretty low profile.

Most of the meeting was concerned with the Protest on 31st August.

My notes (not the official minutes):

- the rally will be held 31 August at parliament house. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=110567892326153#wall_posts

- At the moment no parking has been organised. MCC has been advised that the parking spaces on Hospital road belong to the Royal Botanical Gardens and thus motorcycle parking is not free and only 1 bike per space is allowed.
    - Those looking for parking may so a counter-clockwise loop along Macquarie street south and continue left, back up Hospital road and back alone Macquarie street.
    - If there are enough bikes, a northbound loop may be possible, but it depends on numbers. The southbound loop is strongly advised.
    - Having learned from the Victoria experience, all are advised to refer any questions to Rob, the head of the MCC. He will be making all official statements on the day. "The CTP price changes are unfair" is about the limit of what you should say.
    - The protest is solely about CTP prices. Please do not dilute the message.
    - People on scooters and/or in suits are strongly encouraged. Trying to break stereotypes.
    - A recent protest by the United Motorcycle Council saw them parking on footpaths and being fined. They made the decision to wear the approx. $90. It's up to you.

Beside the protest discussion a move by QLD to introduce a 0 blood alcohol limit for bikes was mentioned. The MCC is moving against this for obvious flow-on reasons.
  2. Thanks for that ibast. Any progress on new NR delelgate?
  3. that I know of nobody stuck up their hand. I'm still debating about whether I can go often enough to do the right thing by Netrider.

If you don't get any better offers I'm willing to be put forward as an official delegate.