Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Maybe the TAC should make ads like this

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by CamKawa, Feb 28, 2010.

1. #1 CamKawa, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Maybe the TAC should make ads like this [media=youtube]3-EDJj-gu2Q[/media]

Instead of depicting a motorcyclist [URL="]sliding into the oncoming path of a 4WD/caravan.[/URL]

What do you think?

2. Excellent. Unfortunately, our politicians and bureaucrats don't do "subtle".
  3. :) I like it. The TAC could learn a thing about humour to get a message across.
  4. Awesome ad. Makes all road users seem friendlier. We need this.
  5. That is a top ad. The three best motorcycle safety ads I've seen all came from the UK. Why is that do you think?
  6. Brilliant! Completely belies the stupid assumption that we need shock horror. And wow!, it actually makes road users see motorcyclists as human beings, and take that realisation on board in their road behaviour, rather than just alienating and further endangering motorcyclists!
  7. lol @ the polish government comment

in the comments not the vid
  8. #8 CamKawa, Mar 1, 2010
    Found this video of a behind-the-scenes look at the Named Riders TV advert. I only hope the TAC watch it, maybe they could learn something?

9. #9 TonyE, Mar 1, 2010

Nah! They tend to think along the lines of the polish government comment...
  10. It has occurred to me that Doom 3 relied on similar tactics -the easy, 'brute force' method of having nasty stuff jump out at you suddenly.

For most people, how long did that game remain effective?
  11. #11 ageneral, Mar 1, 2010
    I love them both.

The first one is beautiful

"What does it take to be seen... before a scene"

************ EDIT you may notice i don't care for TAC that much ***************
    here's another

You may notice he used his INDICATOR for less then a second while law states it must engaged for at-least 3seconds, "5 seconds when ever possible".

I feel like I'm taking a stab a TAC at this point

J-Walking anyone

5km faster and the bi**h would still be on the sidewalk

She never looked before walking on the road, you don't see me driving on the sidewalk.

Does TAC even know the law?