Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

May be Riding a CB400 This Saturday

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by tmg, May 24, 2006.

1. Hey people long time since I posted but I thought I would tell you all what I am up to.

I got a lesson this Saturday coming (27th) and Glenn - the guy who runs Q-Ride at Griffin Honda - said I did really well on my last ride - according to his wife who lead my last lesson - so he is saying I am ready for a 400 ride.

Thing is, every time I have a lesson - which is about every 2 weeks or so ATM - I am not used to the bike and it takes about 15 minutes or so to get used to it and by that time there's only about 45 minutes at most to do the lesson. I don't have the money atm to do a full 2 hours...well, I do sort of. I just got a new job so maybe I could do it, I just gotta remember not to splurge on anything until next tuesday.

Anyway! question is: how much different is the CB400 to the CB250? power to weight wise. I give the CB250 a bit and it lurches, again coz I'm not used to the power.

I just hope the 400 bike is a smoother acceleration. Does it have more resistance on the throttle handle?
  2. I think you need to relax a bit more and stop worrying so much :)
  3. yeah I think so too. I am pretty tense when I ride and that's not good, and I should just take a few deep breaths, stretch, and relax before commencing the ride.