Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[May 3, 2015] Bacon and Eggs in Daylesford (15 Fitzgerald Rd,Laverton North)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Wheres me Boike, Apr 29, 2015.

You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Bacon and Eggs in Daylesford
Confirmed Attendees: 0
Posted By: Wheres me Boike
Start Date: May 3, 2015 09:00
End Date: May 3, 2015 15:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST
  1. Announcing my "Daylesford Ride" which is on Sunday 3rd May . (Mostly Sunny 20 Degrees)
    Heres the Map.
    It will be touring mode with about 330Km, mostly West of Melbourne,
    All are welcome, but it might be a bit hard on new Learners with 300km+ but we will have 4 Stops.
    The Ride starts at 9.30am at BP Laverton. 15 Fitzgerald Rd,Laverton North.
    Get off the Westgate Freeway (outbound) at Kororoit Creek Rd, then turn right, and over the Freeway, and turn right again just before McDonalds. BP is just about 50m from Maccas.
    We will have our first stop in Gisborne, then onto Daylesford where we will invade the Bakery/Cafe which is just across from the Town Hall.
    Then we head south to cross the Western Freeway and then on to the Bunninyong Fire Tower, which is always an interesting stop. (Bring Binoculars)
    Then south towards Mt Mercer and Meredith with 1km of (easy) Gravel.
    Then we will take a stop in Maude, then onto She Oaks, Steglitz and Anakie and Caltex Werribee where the Ride will end.
    We should arrive back at Caltex Werribee well before 4pm. A fairly easy Day.

• Like Like x 3
  2. hi boike, this ride will be great for melbournites, and westies ! great country over there !!!
    shame its clashing with gregs photo ride though...
  3. No Probs, I think UGreg needs to do a deal with Autobarn and Supercheap Auto. Think of all the product they will move from now till Saturday, because of his Photo session. The Photo Ride is an excellent idea.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sounds like a nice ride but I'll be playing with my camera over this side of town (on Uncle Gregs ride).
    Hope you have a great day.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I might be up for this, need to get out my side of town more. I just need to be sure I am not working on Sunday. Used to live in Gisborne before I got my bike, so an old hunting ground. Will confirm Saturday evening. Cheers.
  6. Thanks

Pull a Sicky
  7. Have a go live of a new large project. Else my Weekends are always free. So can't simply chuck a sicky this time..
  8. Sorry Wheres me BoikeWheres me Boike , I'm a no go. Still at work now, and will be again tomorrow morning. Enjoy your ride, I've worked 13 hours today, and more to come before tomorrow...
  9. No Probs Gooza, catch you on the next one. Cheers
  10. Ask me again in a years time :) Can't wait till I can go for more than half an hour before needing a rest! ha ha ha Have a fabulous ride :)
  11. Thanks.
    Best way to overcome Fatigue is lots of riding. Lots of Country quiet roads with no traffic and then you will become riding fit.
    I guess I should have put in more stops on my Ride to cater for those who need more breaks.
    I must remember that.
  12. maybe run it next week on the sunday learners thread
    you will get more takers
    oh and your welcome to join the photography ride if you want
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Oh I can barely make it to Elwood practice - ha ha ha - but give me time, just give me time :)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks Greg, but I need to feed the Habit Today, and beautiful Daylesford is just the Ticket.
    Whats more, Me Boike is Filthy.
    • Like Like x 2