Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

May 2016 Competition, $50 prize winner - Jekka

Discussion in 'Monthly Photo Competition' started by Justus, May 1, 2016.

1. As chosen by April 2016 competition winner jonnymacjonnymac

Theme: Night (Bike related).

Bike related but that can be interpreted any way. ie using a bike/helmet/racetrack anything within reason.

$50 will be deposited into the winners bank account. Buy yourself something or donate it to charity.

Thread rules:
    1 photo per person and has to be THEME RELATED.
    * Photo must be taken by you. You may add a comment explaining the photo, location etc.
    * No other posts or comment aside from your entry please. This is to keep to photos in a row down the page so we don't have to scroll through pages looking for photos
    * Competition entries close 6pm Tuesday 24 May 2016.

How do we decide the winner after the month is over?
    After 6pm Tuesday 24 May 2016, you will decide by clicking on the thumbs up like button on who you think the winner should be. Please don't click on the thumbs up button till voting begins. To be fair on everyone, if a person wins twice within 6 months, the photo with the second most votes will take the prize.

Votes will be counted 6pm Tuesday 31 May 2016.

The winner will be contacted via PM by gozgoz
    MouthMouth once voting has been completed.

Thanks (y)

Please DO NOT like anyone's photo or comment between photos!
  2. Birds Eye view of the starwheel,

3. hmmmm

• Like Like x 1
  4. The old Bat-bike at King's Park in Perth:
    • Like Like x 16
  5. I had quite a few to choose from in my new bit of work I've been putting together but settled for this photo of the Southern Star and my bike. For those of you that haven't seen my post on Netrider (250cc 14000km Round Australia) or the article in AMCN, I've ridden my little Yamaha XT250 a fair bit and whilst the larger adventure may be over (for now) I still try to do little ones around Melbourne and Greater Victoria as often as I can.
    • Like Like x 9
  6. A night run down to Kiama back when the weather was a bit warmer P1020436.JPG
    • Like Like x 3
  7. #9 HeavyNinja, May 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
    Not a great pic as used phone

8. Wilson's prom 20/5/2016.
    Mt Oberon car park after summiting it at sun down. Tops! Full moon backlighting the bike, on an iPhone. image.
    • Like Like x 2

VOTE NOW!!!!!!!!

LIKE ONE PHOTO ONLY TO CAST YOUR VOTE by 6pm Tuesday 31 May 2016.

Comments now allowed. Thanks everyone.

10. was that natural light
    or did you set up a flash
  11. To all entrants, thank you for participating. We had some great photos.

This month's winner is JekkaJekka for this photo:

Well done Jekka. You have won $50!

giphy (1).

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Congratulations, JekkaJekka! Voting is no easy task in these competitions; yours is an awesome photo that tells a story.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Congrats JekkaJekka - part of winning though - you'll have to tell us how you did that shot ;-)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. well deserved mate
  15. awesome - well done and congratulations JekkaJekka! it was a tough one this month as several entrants could have won.
  16. Thanks All. Really appreciated.
    The money will go to JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation). Research funded by JDRF has made a huge difference to the everyday lives of diabetics trying to manage their condition. My daughter has Type 1 diabetes. If anyone would like to donate, please go here:
    Donate to JDRF - JDRF Australia
    As far as the photo goes, it was taken with a Nikon D7100 and Tamron 17-50 lens at iso 1600 f4.5 for 30 seconds. The bike was lit with a small headtorch. Anything further you want is available in the EXIF info at the original Flickr image. It was a great campsite too - beside Paddys River Dam in Bago State Forest. Nobody else around.

Next topic: How about 'Taking the High Way'. Open to suggestions though. I'm relatively new here so not sure what's been done before.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  17. Congrats Jekka, great photo mate. There were a few great photos in here.
    • Agree Agree x 1