Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[May 19, 2013] Dartmouth Ride (Lavington NSW)

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by Shiralee, May 18, 2013.

Dartmouth Ride
Start Date: May 19, 2013 10:00
End Date: May 19, 2013 15:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

575 Wagga Rd
Lavington, NSW, Australia 2641

Posted By: Shiralee

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. Thought I'd share in case there were some Albury/Wodonga locals interested....

Leaving from Lavington Shell Servo (Wagga Rd) at 10am sharp - weather permitting - check Border Riders facebook page for cancellations.

Expected to be back in Albury/Wodonga around 4pm.

No need to RSVP, just turn up by 10am, Sunday 19th May (tomorrow).

Here's the map for those who want to join us somewhere along the route.... http://goo.gl/maps/HzwMA

Cheers,
    Shiralee

2. So, the sun is shining at 7:30am... well, not quite... but there's very little fog (unless it rolls in later this morning); which means a fine day. Looks like a great day for a ride. See you all at the Servo for meet-up & departure (y)

3. Epic fail !!! :( Well, we were enjoying a really great ride. I pushed myself a bit harder around the twisties (& loving it).... well, pushed a little too hard in one spot & .... slide, skid, crash, bang, wallop - down the embankment. Thanks goodness for wearing the correct gear.

New mother's day helmet - trashed ! Jacket, pants & boots - trashed ! Bike - pretty sure it's trashed too ! Dr: "think you have a small fracture of a rib on the left - bit hard to tell". Me - ouch, but walking & talking. Survived to tell the tale !

There were heaps of people who stopped & offered a helping hand - love country folk. 5 guys stopped & helped pull my bike up from embankment from the bush. 2 gave me a lift back to the lookout nearby - out of further harm's way & stayed to make sure I was ok. A passerby nurse stopped & checked me out before the ambo came. Cops & Ambos were all fantastic. Wish I'd got their names - thanks heaps - wherever & whoever you are !

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thats a bummer about your bike & gear :( :( :( but its great to hear that you're ok. :) Sad as it is, they can be replaced, just as long as youre ok!

• Like Like x 2