Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[May 18, 2014] Before it gets too cold (NSW)

Discussion in 'NSW' started by iClint, Apr 30, 2014.

Before it gets too cold
Start Date: May 18, 2014 09:00
End Date: May 18, 2014 14:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

Jenolan Caves
Jenolan caves

Posted By: iClint

Confirmed Attendees: 6
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 6
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. #1 iClint, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    If you have thin skin this is probably your last chance for a run around the blue mountains before it starts getting powerful cold.

Starting from North Richmond BP at 9:30am
    - Up Bells line of road
    - Through Lithgow and onto the great western highway
    - Jenolan Caves
    - Lunch in Oberon
    - back down Jenolan Caves road and rejoining the great western highway
    - over mount Victoria and down the the GWH

this is about a 5 hour ride from richmond to the foot of the mountains

2. Could be a go mate! Will let you know in a week
  3. Would I be able to join the ride in Lithgow? I live in Bathurst and it'd save having to go through bells at sparrows fart to catch you at Richmond.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Sounds like a nice ride. I'll say yes, hopefully the weather holds up! :)
  5. Sure, we'll work out time and location.
  6. Excellent Clint. Thanks for organising this ;)

Am in mate and hopefully the weather holds-up for us.

As I'll be passing by Moorebank on my way from Sutherland via Heathcote Rd, can we meet-up your way in the morning and venture off to Richmond together? If so, what time do you want me to be in Moorebank and where?
  7. 0800 at the BP on heathcote road Moorebank outside trooper Lu's bike shop.
  8. No worries mate. I'll see you then and I'll be coming with a mate mine from work who will be joining us on the day with his ZX6R
  9. Good choice.Some great riding roads in the Oberon-Lithgow-Tarana-Bathurst region.
  10. I live in Liverpool, is it cool if I tag along with you guys at the BP in Moorebank?
  11. Sounds good
  12. Found a place I'll wait for you lot at, there's a cafe just on the lithgow side of bell called Monkey Creek Cafe, right where the road straightens out a bit before the descent into Lithgow and the final set of twisties. If you lot wanted to stop in Lithgow proper, that's fine, I'll just hang out there till I hear you go past/it's near whatever meeting time is decided and head back in. The view at that cafe is great though so it'd be much more enjoyable that sitting around in Lithgow :p.
  13. We should meet with you there, at ~10:30am we'll probably stop for rest and coffee etc and go straight through Lithgow without stopping.
  14. Been hanging to go for a ride up that way, hope you fine young gentleman don't mind if I come along?
    It'll be good to finally meet some fellow netriders!!
  15. Everybody is welcome.

Just a reminder... this is a longish ride ~400km's make sure your bike is in good repair, check your fluids, check your tyres. Dress warm preferably with layers temp's were around 11c last weekend.

the itinerary is as follows:

Official meeting point BP North richmond 9am departing 9:30

I will be leaving from BP Moorebank ~8:30am for those coming my way.

Stopping at the Monkey creek Cafe just outside of Lithgow to collect our friend joining us from Bathurst, stretch the legs grab a coffee.

If anyone wants to stop at Jenolan caves let me know otherwise we will just pass straight through to Oberon for lunch at Pete's cafe.
  16. I'm a good chance to join this one, will let you know later in the week. Meet you at BP North Richmond.
  17. Weather looks good, I'll see you guys at BP North Richmond.
  18. There will be a bit of a bike show at The Monkey Creek Cafe that morning,the local vintage Italian blokes are having brekky there.
  19. The chosen route is 276 kms Nth Richmond back to Glenbrook.
  20. 318km for me unless I wimp out and head straight back after lunch at Oberon. Given I still haven't replaced the stock seat on my bike we'll see how I go by that point :p.