Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[May 13, 2013] Sydney south west-ish rides? (Sydney)

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Teamsherman, May 13, 2013.

Sydney south west-ish rides?
Start Date: May 13, 2013 13:00
End Date: May 13, 2013 15:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

Sydney South-Westish
East Hills
Sydney 2213

Posted By: Teamsherman

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. Hey folks,

I'd like to know if anyone would be keen for a ride group to be started up in the East Hills/Revesby area of Sydney on a weeknight some time?

Or, in failing that, if you know of a ride that starts from around that area or close by I'd love to get involved!

I usually ride by myself but I dont want to eventually get bored of my bike and riding in general so thought I'd try and get in with a group for the safety aspect but moreso the social aspect. I am currently waiting on medical retirement after 17 years in the military and have ALOT of spare time both during the day and evenings.

PM me if you want to keep things hush or post up here, either way I look forward to any replies!!

2. I'm keen. When and where were you thinking? I'm busy this week but would be keen as next week.
  3. G'day Peter,

I find going down the M5 a bit boring, but I want to do a ride up to Katoomba for a couple of photos and a coffee or two sometime. Next week most days I'm free as the wind so whenever you're free mate.

Anyone else like to tag along??
  4. I'm busy next Thursday and Friday night but how about next Tuesday night?
  5. Ah, I'd prefer daytime for a longer ride if you can too?
  6. Weekdays I can only do nights.

I occasionally go on spur of the moment rides on weekends. I'll message you if I go on one.
  7. No probs mate.

I should be able to manage a night ride some time. Im going on one with a facebook group I was told about by a mate that I fly RC planes and stuff with tomorrow night, I'll let you know how it goes and if they're a good bunch we can both join them next wednesday night if you're keen.

Hmm, actually, why not come out tomorrow night if you can???
  8. Who's the group and when and where do they depart from? 20 questions.
  9. Great ride tonight, man. I'm knackered but still too buzzed to sleep.
  10. Yeah it was awesome!

Apart from my "P"s course, I broke my group ride cherry!!
  11. Check out Sydney West Riders, closer to your area.........pretty good bunch of guys, mostly asians though but everyone is welcome.
  12. Is that a Facebook search or google??

Where and when do they meet usually??
  13. Every Wed at Hungry Jacks Cabramatta or there abouts

The usual ride is Old Pac, RNP or go to the drags as a group...........take care, some of those P platers do go a bit quick around the bends, so ride your own ride. Old mate hates staying back for downed rider :)..........

Yeah its a facebook thing, look for "Sydney West Riders".
  14. Alan,

I'm only around the corner from you at Picnic Point & always looking for riding partners. Daylight only for these old eyes & I try to avoid Sundays, so any time through the week or Saturdays suit me.

15. I've pm'd you Peter.
  16. You also have a PM Alan.
  17. Hey I'm from Picnic Point as well and keen for any weekend group rides. Btw Alan is that your bike I see everyday in the multistorey carpark? =D
  18. How about a get to know each other ride next Saturday the 8th June? I was thinking of a few back roads in the Wallacia, Picton, Mittagong areas with a distance of about 240km & around 4.5 hrs riding time. Meet at the entrance to Deepwater Motorboat Club, cnr Henry Lawson Dr & Webster St at 9.15am for a 9.30am leave.
    If anyone else wants to join in you're very welcome, but be aware that a lot of the roads i've selected might be a bit challenging for new riders.
  19. Here's a map of the proposed route .... http://tinyurl.com/k6u7cky

We could also detour to the Avon Dam wall. An extra 18km but the road there & back is great fun.
  20. Any interest?