Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[May 10, 2014] TAS Run 2014 (Tas O'Hara ride) (Wagga Wagga)

Discussion in 'NSW' started by dobbo, Mar 26, 2014.

TAS Run 2014 (Tas O'Hara ride)
Start Date: May 10, 2014 08:00
End Date: May 10, 2014 16:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

Wagga Motorcycles . 10th May 2014
Wagga Motorcycles, Sturt Hwy, Gumly Gumly
Wagga Wagga 2650

Posted By: dobbo

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. TAS Run - 10th May 2014.
    8:30 start from Wagga Motorcycles.
    Cost $45 on the day.
    Money raised goes to Motor Neurone Disease.
    My view on this ride:
    Extremely well organised!
    I do not like to ride in 'organised' rides because of the 'idiot factor'; however, what I have found with this ride is, you can easily ride it at what ever pace you like.
    The organisers arrange for morning tea, lunch and an afternoon stop, all included in the entry cost.
    The riders can basically take which ever route they want to get to the prearranged stops; however, most will take the same roads (except maybe dual sports bikes hitting the backroads) with a support vehicle with trailer at the rear.
    Most riders will separate into various groups within the first few kilometres out of town (Faster / slower etc..) , so it is not like riding in a pack; with a good mix of bikes and ages, and everyone up for chat!
    Last year the catering was way in excess, with that much food available..... I could not fit anymore cake in :)
    Around 300-400km ride, fuel available along the route.
    (last year was: Wagga-Holbrook-Jingellic (Morning tea) -Tintaldra-Tooma-Tumbarumba (Lunch) -Batlow-Adelong-Tumblong(Cool drink & more cake) -Wantabadgery-Wagga)
    Finally, at the end of the day, there is a meet up at a local hotel for dinner (you pay for you meal & drinks) and prize draws/raffles & Auctions with all money to Motor Neurone Disease.
    Last year, everyone that attended the hotel afterwards, went home with a prize and riding stories to tell.
    Regarding the cost; I believe I went home with prizes worth well in excess of the fee for the ride. (prizes are donated by many businesses around town)
    My Wife, who is a 'wary' pillion, really enjoyed the day and the comraderie.

2. Tas would be proud of his name being remembered in this way
  3. Hi,

This event is on this coming Saturday, 10th May 2014.
    Meet at Wagga Motorcycles (Drive in leisure centre) Sturt Hwy, Gumly Gumly.
    Starts at 8:30am.
    Cost $45.

What is happening, read my initial post.

To the mods. Not sure why this post had wrong date when l first posted it, but the correct date was in title.
  4. Ensure you rug up for this ride, as the lunch stop will be at Cabramurra.

Cheers Dobbo
  5. Any idea how many showed up? The weather wasn't conducive to getting big numbers. The rain would have kept the 'fair weather' riders away.