Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Maxxis Tyres

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by hendo55, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Has any one out there had any thing to do with the Maxxis SuperMaxx radial, I am looking for a new set of tyres for my Bandit 1200. What o they handle like in the wet? Do they wear well etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. The brand is a spin off of Cheng Shin tyre company, who've been making Barracuda road bike tyres and off road tyres for ever.
    The Barracudas are excellent, can't see the Maxxis being any different.
    The Barracudas on my Z were fantastic in the rain, and were so well made, they didn't need balance weights.

Regards, Andrew.
  3. To be honest, I wouldn't put those non-grip super-slip tyres on my bike unless there was nothing else.

If you can afford it, Metzlers would be my preference. Great handling and probably the best mileage you'll get out of them.....

in fact, I think Metzelers are standard equipment for your Bandit.

4. Ah, so you've actually ridden on these tyres?

Regards, Andrew.
  5. maxxis....

As a motorcycle mechanic, I have ridden on most tyres....
  6. So, please tell us, why you think these tyres are so bad, when everyone I know who uses/has used them thinks they are very good?
    You do know that riding around the block, with crap on the tyres from your workshop, is not the same as having them on your bike for 15k kms yes?

Regards, Andrew.