Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Maxton shock for VFR800

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by Rainbow7, Nov 27, 2012.

1. I decided to do something I've never done with any of my bikes: get the suspension completely sorted out for my weight and riding style.
    With that in mind, I ordered a new rear shock from Maxton Suspension, based in Cheshire, England.

The reason I chose Maxton is that they build their shocks to order, specifically for the weight of the rider. Other brands I looked at were Ohlins, WP and Nitron but I felt that none of them offered the combination of quality, reliability and value that the Maxton did. (I did like the colour of the Nitron shock the most, though!)

Anyway, removing the OEM shock was easy; I just followed the instructions here.

The new shock looks great and the ride is noticeably more plush than the OEM shock was giving. I will try and go for a good ride tomorrow and see how it handles in the twisties.

I am also going to have the front forks rebuilt by the local race guy.

Anyway, here's a shot of the new shock:

P1010490.