Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Maximum HP limits - Good response from the PM (UK)

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by c0rrupt, Oct 20, 2009.

1. See full details here: http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page21007

2. Hint: How many triumph models are under 100 hp?
  3. 8 out of 14?
  4. I cant imagine italy conforming to 100 bhp either
  5. This has been raising its head quite regularly for the last 20 years (oddly enough, since a significant number of bikes started to exceed 100 bhp on the dyno as well as in the manufacturers' advertising), in spite of study after study showing there to be no correlation between horsepower and casualty rates.

Too many wealthy folk sore about their Porsches getting whupped by bikes costing 1/10 as much I reckon :D.

6. Hmm, I didnt notice the other models, but the point I was trying to make is who would want to buy a sprint or speed triple or rocket thats been limited to 100hp.

Its like the australian gov putting restrictive regulation on import cars under the guise of "emissions" laws while shitbox commodores and falcons are allowed to drive around.

So I dont think the government of france has many qualms. How many french motorcycles are over 100hp. In fact how many french motorcycles are there? :p
  7. I know mate, I was just being an asshole. Perhaps there are other ways around it, like putting in a low redline that can be easily derestricted post sale.