Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Maxime Berger WSBK Rear Wheel Fail

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by Quo Vadas, Mar 29, 2011.

1. #1 Quo Vadas, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    This something you don't EVER want happening to you.

Nice build quality on the Ducati...................:-w

[media=youtube]AnJdEFigY2I[/media]

2. i bet the pit crew got a belting

3. berloody hell...

4. Saw it during the race, and my 1st thought was, wow he must have really pissed off his mechanic, maybe he was dipping his pen where the mechanic claims inkwell ownership :LOL:

5. May not be the pit crew's fault, if you watch closely the centre hub of rim is still attached to the swing arm; whilst the outer rim along with the tyre fly's off. More like a manufacturing fault.

6. And for whatever the reason, before he knew it, he is riding backwards, wtf.

7. It's not a Ducati wheel, it's an OzRacing aluminium wheel. Probably a casting defect or something that caused the failure cos as noted, the hub is still attached.

maxime-berger-world-superbike-opt.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. The fuuuuck
    Correct me if I'm wrong but don't OZRacing also do all the F1 cars too? Really would have thought such a high end company was immune to such massive defects