Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Max Load for various bikes?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by cyrax, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Just did a search (google and the netrider forums), couldn't find anything on max loads... I'm looking at upgrading from my old faithful GPX250 and might be taking pillions from time to time, so it'd be helpful for me to know the maximum load ratings for a few of the bikes I'm looking at if anyone can tell me.

I weigh 105kg without riding gear and am 6'5, adding a pillion could be a combined weight of up to 190kg, though I probably wouldn't take anyone much over 80kg.

So if people can tell me the max loads for any of these (or a ballpark figure) that would be great:

-CB600
    -CBR600F4i
    -Z750
    -VFR800
    -CB900
    -ZX-9R
    -Speed Triple
    -Sprint ST
    -TL1000R
    -SV1000
    -VTR1000
    -Z1000

Thanks!

EDIT: for my GPX250 the limit is 155kg, and a friends NSR150 limit is 150kg

2. GTR 1000- some have had 325kgs on them! :shock:
    Regards, Andrew.

3. Your bikes are smaller and will be built for less load than a 600cc. Owners manual, and detailed spec sheets on the net, will reveal max load info. You should spend some detailed time googling as it is not the easiest specification to find.

+1 GTR1000, I've had nearly 300kg on mine. It is approved for more load than a Goldwing! (Both are rated at the same maximum total weight, but the Goldwing is a heavier bike leaving less weight allowance for luggage).

4.  Top